DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronetag's FAA Approved Remote ID Modules:

Not yet as we have been working together on launching a new product website and preparing some further marketing materials. But you can already contact Vertigo as they will list it soon and then you can make your purchase with their US-based support. I will keep you posted once this list of partners is expanding :)
In the short run, the beacon is economical, although the mini might be the wiser choice. However, the mini might become obsolete by the time they finally get the network remote id worked out. As far as you are concerned, you have both kinds of customers being as though some of them are on the other side of a pond.

In the short run, the beacon is economical, although the mini might be the wiser choice. However, the mini might become obsolete by the time they finally get the network remote id worked out. As far as you are concerned, you have both kinds of customers being as though some of them are on the other side of a pond.
Hey, that is a concern I hear quite a lot. However, the planned life cycle of both products is around 5 years before they become obsolete. It took us 3 years to develop them most compact, future-proof and easy-to-use. And from the early launch of both Mini/Beacon we do firmware updates every few weeks to add new features or fix some bugs. I also doubt that the Remote ID market will try to follow our strategy to offer some added value rather than Remote ID functionality. So far, we see only competitor solutions that try to defeat us in pricing.

Lastly, here is a little insight from the business perspective :) Even though the Mini is $100 more, the majority of US purchases on e-shop prefer it over the Beacon. The primary motivation of those customers is not the future Network Remote ID compliance. They just want to have some system for coordination with other people involved in drone operations (such as 3rd party security companies, other team members flying in the same location, and movie producer). It is also very easy to integrate real-time drone data from our device into their applications via our API (Introduction | Dronetag Help) or use applications that already use our API (such as DroneLogBook).

Reactions: The Droning Company
Hello Mark, well, when I reread the quote, I agree that what we meant might not be very clear. But the main idea of this statement is that we insist on straightforward setup and fast operations. Once you turn on the device, it is usually ready within one minute (as it waits for the GNSS fix) for the first power that day, but all further power-ups in similar time windows are almost instant because the GNSS data are stored in memory, and the receiver then performs a hot start (rather than cold start). You can see the actual operation of the device at 26:02 time in our webinar here Yuneec & Dronetag: Remote ID for drones. Unfortunately, I was indoors, so I had to run simulated GNSS data. Basically, once you receive the device, you are ready to use it within a few minutes - here are the instructions for startup Introduction | Dronetag Help

The Remote ID regulations across EU and US regions differ. The main difference is that in the US it affects almost all pilots. On the other hand, the EU has gone more restrictive towards professional pilots flying in the so-called Specific category. Hobbyists that operate their drones in low altitudes, outside the cities, don't have to retrofit their existing drones with Remote ID. However, when they buy new drones from 1.1.2024, they will most likely be C-class drones that already have a Remote ID system built inside. We will soon be launching educational website where we explain the Remote ID regulations in simple way for multiple regions
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Most helpful.

Now there's a dronetag bs module for $49 European on may 22 online orders, $89 euro regular price. But it's still an overseas product.
Just curious, don't you use overseas drones as well? :)

Why should there be a problem with overseas products? We have been working on Dronetag since 2018, and most of our customers are based in the US. Just a little insight from the manufacturer's perspective.

Just curious, don't you use overseas drones as well? :)

Why should there be a problem with overseas products? We have been working on Dronetag since 2018, and most of our customers are based in the US. Just a little insight from the manufacturer's perspective.
It may be an overseas drone, but I got mine second hand, I didn't order directly. Obviously remote id modules may be hard to come by even after they've been around awhile.

Sure, but as for our case, we have partners in the US that not only resale the product, but also provide necessary technical support. Similar situation what you get when buying oversea drones. Moreover, we created a list where you can find all Remote ID solutions available and make your own decision about the purchase Drone Remote ID

Sure, but as for our case, we have partners in the US that not only resale the product, but also provide necessary technical support. Similar situation what you get when buying oversea drones. Moreover, we created a list where you can find all Remote ID solutions available and make your own decision about the purchase Drone Remote ID
If your dronetag bs doesn't start shipping until July, how long does it take to get to the states?

Just got mine and wow, is it small! I thought it was not there in the shipping envelope- just the two small antennas. @lukasbrchl - you accomplished an amazing technological feat miniaturizing it with all the features it contains! I will be testing it out and posting about it soon!

Thanks for sharing your first thoughts. Happy to hear your positive attitude. Please let me know your experience using the system and whether the documentation was understandable. We did it quite last minute and we already know major improvements need to be made.

Thanks for sharing your first thoughts. Happy to hear your positive attitude. Please let me know your experience using the system and whether the documentation was understandable. We did it quite last minute and we already know major improvements need to be made.
Well, for starters when I opened the static resistant bag, I seriously thought the tiny board was lost or was not included in the package! :)
I also had to Google “Dronetag BS Manual” to find the documentation about the pin outs and how to hook it up to a battery. I am really interested in the other feature of being able to download flight data from it, but the documentation was hard for me to understand that part- hopefully your future edits can include that?

I am waiting for parts to come for battery and power supply, so will review about it when I can actually use it.

By the way, the app is really interesting, but I am curious why there are so few other drones showing up on it? Are they not using RID, or is there something else happening? And how is the real-time RID data getting posted to the server and online from those drones?

Thank you Lukas, I appreciate your help!

Well, for starters when I opened the static resistant bag, I seriously thought the tiny board was lost or was not included in the package! :)
I also had to Google “Dronetag BS Manual” to find the documentation about the pin outs and how to hook it up to a battery. I am really interested in the other feature of being able to download flight data from it, but the documentation was hard for me to understand that part- hopefully your future edits can include that?

I am waiting for parts to come for battery and power supply, so will review about it when I can actually use it.

By the way, the app is really interesting, but I am curious why there are so few other drones showing up on it? Are they not using RID, or is there something else happening? And how is the real-time RID data getting posted to the server and online from those drones?

Thank you Lukas, I appreciate your help!

What APP are you using to see the RID data?

What APP are you using to see the RID data?
Dronetag’s app- I was watching someone inspecting wind turbines with it in Kansas, but that was one of the only ones showing up last night - or maybe it’s simulated? Looked like legit flight data though. There were also two showing up in Eastern Europe earlier today. That was it.
Edit: I’m beginning to think that they’re pre-recorded examples of flights…

Last edited:
Just tested my Dronetag BS out this afternoon and it works really well! I made the mistake of not ordering one of their batteries so I had to custom make a little connector for my existing batteries, but it worked out well. It responded very well and maintained connection out to what I felt was my limit for line of sight.

This is it temporarily mounted on my M2P along with my Marco Polo transmitter. I plan on using a smaller battery and putting it inside a case from Dronetag. Don’t laugh at the candy striping reflectors, its a survey tool and the reflectors work really well in the evening with a hand held spotlight, especially in case I ever need to go look for it in trees or in the dark!

I’ll post more details about it soon.IMG_1457.jpeg

Last edited:
@lukasbrchl - One question I do have - the Dronetag app has a “Default Flight Visibility” option in the setup menu, with two choices: Private - "Only you, people in your organization and authorities can see the flight"; and Public - "Everyone can see your flight". Which of these modes may I use in the US? If given the choice and still be legal here, I would rather use the private option, but is the private mode compliant to the FAA's RID rules?

Last edited:
@lukasbrchl - One question I do have - the Dronetag app has a “Default Flight Visibility” option in the setup menu, with two choices: Private - "Only you, people in your organization and authorities can see the flight"; and Public - "Everyone can see your flight". Which of these modes may I use in the US? If given the choice and still be legal here, I would rather use the private option, but is the private mode compliant to the FAA's RID rules?
I am sorry for the late reply.

First of all, all flights that you see in dronetag.app are the real ones. They usually come from Dronetag Mini devices via Network Remote ID, that's why you can see flights all over the US or EU.

Secondly, I see you took quite a large battery for the BS. We have been running with 80 mAh capacity and it can power up the device for 4.5 hours. So you can go much smaller. If you send me an email, I can also share with you the 3d model of the Dronetag BS PCB so you can for example 3d print your own enclosure or mounting.

Lastly, the Default flight visibility only affects the flights via Network Remote ID. Data that are being broadcasted are publicly available to anyone. So this setting has no effect on Dronetag Beacon right now. I am sorry that it is not clear from the app.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM