DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly Cheshire/northwest England

Topgun1973

Reactions
Any pilots here from my area?
I live around a high risk air zone, I can find loads of info on where not to fly, but can’t find anywhere to fly that would provide interesting pics/video
I’m ready to buy a Mavic if I can find places to fly

Rivington is a great place to fly, I tend to find a location near the moors to practice flying where there aren’t too many people around.
I’m new to drone flying so I like to experiment to get confidence in the drone on how it behaves in different situations.

Rivington is a great place to fly, I tend to find a location near the moors to practice flying where there aren’t too many people around.
Thanks, sounds like a good place and should get some decent pics around Rivington so that’s an option, also looking for somewhere closer to home for practice flights and quick flights on busy weekends

Yes much better flying near home, I tried flying at Lymm last weekend over the fields and near the canal.
I’m experimenting with iMovie at the moment trying to get some good short video clips.
Anyway enjoy.

Yes much better flying near home, I tried flying at Lymm last weekend over the fields and near the canal.
I’m experimenting with iMovie at the moment trying to get some good short video clips.
Anyway enjoy.
Lymm is up the road from me, I live in Stockton Heath, where you from mavicproflighter?

I’m from Bolton but I normally go to Lymm High School on Saturday mornings as my kids go to Japanese School there so I wait until the playing fields are empty after the morning football matches then it’s really quiet on the fields and lost of open space so you can experiment with the intelligent flight modes. Could be an option for you.
I’ve only had my drone a few weeks but I’ve flown it about 50 times already, bit addictive.

I’m from Bolton but I normally go to Lymm High School on Saturday mornings as my kids go to Japanese School there so I wait until the playing fields are empty after the morning football matches then it’s really quiet on the fields and lost of open space so you can experiment with the intelligent flight modes. Could be an option for you.
I’ve only had my drone a few weeks but I’ve flown it about 50 times already, bit addictive.
Excellent idea, that sounds perfect ...... I just need to buy the fly more package and I’m good to go, should get it this week hopefully

Yes it’s good to have the extra two batteries and the car charger, I’m considering the DJI Goggles at the moment but I’m also thinking I shouldn’t rush into it as they aren’t that cheap.
Anyway enjoy flying and I may see you around.

Reactions: Topgun1973
Yes it’s good to have the extra two batteries and the car charger, I’m considering the DJI Goggles at the moment but I’m also thinking I shouldn’t rush into it as they aren’t that cheap.
Anyway enjoy flying and I may see you around.
I’m looking at the fly more package in Costco, x3 batteries and car charger......could arrange a meet up sometime when I’ve bought it

Reactions: mavicproflyer
hi, I sent you a private message yesterday (on messenger)

I was going to buy a Mavic but as it’s my first drone I picked up a mint/used phantom 3 to learn the basics before buying the beast. Obviously it’s slower, less portable, not 4K, short range, etc but hopefully should be a good introduction to drone flying.
Hopefully it’s first flight should be at weekend, let me know if you fancy meeting up and embarrassing me with your Mavic sometime.

Last edited:
The Phantom 3 should still be good, let me know how you get on, I would definitely like to meet up with you one Saturday but I’m not sure if I am going to Lymm this weekend. If I do I will let you know.
I never got your private message not sure why.

The Phantom 3 should still be good, let me know how you get on, I would definitely like to meet up with you one Saturday but I’m not sure if I am going to Lymm this weekend. If I do I will let you know.
I never got your private message not sure why.
Jumping in to say hi. I live in Warrington but also fly that field in lymm. Used to live there so have a few places marked up round there.
Haven't flown much lately due to weather and just being busy, but hoping to get out this weekend

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc