DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which APP? UAV Forecast? Hover? Airmap? B4UFly?

vyllek

Reactions
So which is the one to go with? Some show more 'do not fly zones' than others. Hover basically makes me feel like I should return my drone. It includes every single airport in the area (large to tiny). UAV Forecast gives me the most hope. B4UFly is not user friendly (IMO). Also, it seems like there differences in the range around airports. I'm in the Puget Sound (Seattle/Tacoma) area.

There is also the site below (Hivemapper) which gives me the greatest hope.
Hivemapper | 3D map for drone fliers

If there is someone from the Seattle/Tacoma (Puget Sound) area please chime in with any thoughts or hints or experiences, I'm all ears (eyes). Should I just return it and say I can't use this awesome thing because of all the regulations?

I'm a newbie if you haven't noticed.

Thanks

Last edited:
I must go with AirMap, Might be wishful thinking but if 'all' airports implement it on their side as well then we would not have to go through the FAA Waiver process which takes ideally 60 days but up to 90 days... yeah that's not practical. If you want to fly in controlled Airspace B,C,D or sometimes E then you need permission from the controlling body, if you can do it via an app how great would that be! So my vote would be Airmap

If i am new to a location, i check the airspace in an old school fashion - reading ICAO maps ...
Then, i look up the place in my region (ED - Germany) at www.openflightmaps.org
After that, or being on site i use UAV forecast and AirMap.

I just use the Weather Channel website. Sure it doesn't give me the wind 300 feet up but it gives me an indication what the ground level winds are and if its too strong on ground level I know its way to strong up higher and then I use my judgement.

I must go with AirMap, Might be wishful thinking but if 'all' airports implement it on their side as well then we would not have to go through the FAA Waiver process which takes ideally 60 days but up to 90 days... yeah that's not practical. If you want to fly in controlled Airspace B,C,D or sometimes E then you need permission from the controlling body, if you can do it via an app how great would that be! So my vote would be Airmap
Airmap is the only one that I use accurate and always up to date

Any good app/web for NFZ info in Indonesia?
I think DJI forgot to put an NFZ on our airport.... o_O

I check 3 places.

(1) I start with the Know Before You Fly website:
U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly
Know Before You Fly is an education campaign founded by the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) and the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) in partnership with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to educate prospective users about the safe and responsible operation of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). And their map is powered by AIRMAP.

(2) B4UFLY is an app released by the FAA. So it should have the most up to date information including TFRs, per FAA website:
B4UFLY Smartphone App

(3) If I am near an airport, then I will check that airport's website. I found out that my local airport has a special No Drone Zone which is roughly 10 miles by 2 miles (and resembles the Chevy logo).
Drone Flight Information - San Bernardino International Airport (SBD)

Any good app/web for NFZ info in Indonesia?
I think DJI forgot to put an NFZ on our airport.... o_O
Sorry my fault
Apparently i need to select the country and the region instead of just scrolling to the area that I need to check

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky