DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Areas Off Limits To Fly In Our State?

MrMavic

Reactions
Does anyone know who to contact at the state level to see if we can fly certain areas of our state? Montana has quite a few ghost towns, state monuments, and other sight seeing spots that I would like to fly. I would like to be able to have a list of the no fly areas so we don't have to contact each sheriff's office or what ever. This is one of the places I want to fly. Lady Of The Rockies Statue near Butte, Mt. 4th tallest statue in the USA Is located at 8,505 Ft elevation.

d464eb74b0af5e03b7651d2a4b7d6cd5-1.jpg

There are a number of apps that show you no fly zones. Generally military areas, national parks. B4UFly is one from the FAA.

Looking on the B4Ufly app, it looks like you have to be in the area you want to fly before it will tell you whether you can. I was hoping there would be a map with the no fly areas marked so we can just look before we go there.

B4Ufly has a "planner". Enter a zip code and pick the date and hit start. It will take you to that zip and you can zoom in and check out NFZ's.
Simple as that...
Also "Hover" but you have to move the map around.
Also"UAV Forecast" enter address and presto.

I'm pretty sure that if you turn off your location you can choose a location in b4ufly

You can fly there once you notify the airport. This is not a restricted zone. Definitely recommend B4UFLY.

I just downloaded Drone Buddy. It's much friendlier than B4Ufly. Just go on the map and move around and it has all no fly zones marked and you don't have to look up zip codes and addresses and all that junk. Thanks guys for all the help.

Looking on the B4Ufly app, it looks like you have to be in the area you want to fly before it will tell you whether you can. I was hoping there would be a map with the no fly areas marked so we can just look before we go there.

There's a planning mode in B4UFLY app that lets you retrieve info for areas you want to fly.

Seems like many state level parks prohibit RC anything.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife