DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal Problems with my Air 2S

Greatsign1

Reactions
I have owned my Air2S for 3yrs and just recently have been experiencing signal problems. Last year I upgraded to a DJI RC and purchased a cover for protection and to help shade the screen from the sun, see attached photo. I don't get to fly that often but in the last few months, I have definately experienced too many loss of signal warnings, especially at about 1,000-1,200 ft away and anywhere from 300-400ft up. I don't have any obvious blockages like mountains or buildings. I am pointing the back of my controller approximatley where the drone should be so it should not be an antenna issue. I thought it might be the RC cover blocking the signal, so I removed it on 2 occasions and I was able to fly past 2,500ft without issue, but today I put the cover back on at 2,500ft and flew back toward home without any signal interruptions. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could it be the age of the aircraft, the RC controller, the controller cover, or possibly a firmware issue (I am up to date)??

On a side note, I am not very happy with the RC controller, if my thumbs happen to slip down and touch the screen, it bounces me to the Air2S Go Fly Screen. Is there any way in settings to disable the < ?

If you have any thoughts or solutions, I appreciate your input!

Attachments

• IMG_6900 2.jpg
    IMG_6900 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
Are you pointing the back or top at the drone? It should be the camera buttons(top). Look at the RC manual, it shows the proper orientation.

Are you pointing the back or top at the drone? It should be the camera buttons(top). Look at the RC manual, it shows the proper orientation.
I looked at the manual and did not see any mention of how to orient the RC if signal is weak. I assume by top you are referring to this side of the remote?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 2.30.07 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 2.30.07 PM.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 16
This - Screenshot 2024-05-02 10.46.45 AM.png
The RC is not a very good controller and needs to be aimed precisely as the signal is easily disrupted.

The RC you have is pretty shyte in tbh. Had one myself and returned it as the signal it received was always **** and barely got anywhere compared to the RC-N1. Think my max with the standard RC was around 1km before it started dropping bars quickly.
With the RC-N1 I can reach 4km out with not a signal drop in signal around the coast.
Both running in CE mode. FCC mode is the way to go, if you can grab a mod/hack for the controller and drone to put it into FCC mode. You'll find the signal strength so much better.

If you're already in FCC mode then get rid of the RC and get the RC Pro or stick with the RC-N1 😁

Reactions: sawman
I have owned my Air2S for 3yrs and just recently have been experiencing signal problems. Last year I upgraded to a DJI RC and purchased a cover for protection and to help shade the screen from the sun, see attached photo. I don't get to fly that often but in the last few months, I have definately experienced too many loss of signal warnings, especially at about 1,000-1,200 ft away and anywhere from 300-400ft up. I don't have any obvious blockages like mountains or buildings. I am pointing the back of my controller approximatley where the drone should be so it should not be an antenna issue. I thought it might be the RC cover blocking the signal, so I removed it on 2 occasions and I was able to fly past 2,500ft without issue, but today I put the cover back on at 2,500ft and flew back toward home without any signal interruptions. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could it be the age of the aircraft, the RC controller, the controller cover, or possibly a firmware issue (I am up to date)??

On a side note, I am not very happy with the RC controller, if my thumbs happen to slip down and touch the screen, it bounces me to the Air2S Go Fly Screen. Is there any way in settings to disable the < ?

If you have any thoughts or solutions, I appreciate your input!
I experienced my first ever signal loss the other day. I was landing my 2S and when it was maybe 20ft AGL and 15ft in front of me I got no response from my controls. When I was finally able to land to check things out, I discovered the Kp level had risen to 6.67! I waited til it was down to just below 3.00 (a couple hours) got back in the air - no problems.

Reactions: kenjancef
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sound