DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which mobile device are you flying with? (September 2023)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
I need your help with two quick things:

1) Are you currently flying with one of these mobile devices? If so, please click the heart beside that mobile device to show you're using it.

1693616095560.png

2) If you're using a mobile device that's not on my list, please comment below and let us know the following:
  • Which mobile device are you using?
  • Which DJI apps do you fly with? (DJI Fly, DJI GO 4, DJI GO 3, etc.)

Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Hawkeye. and SWTSU
I have the iPhone 11 pro, and although it’s a few years old, it does awesome and I have no plans to upgrade (for now lol). I have Dji Fly and Dji Mimo

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger
S23 ultra
Oppo find x2 pro
Galaxy tab A7 lite

All with DJI fly 1.9.0 (no need for any higher)
F/W = Air 2s 02.04.2040 (max height hack)

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone with DJI Go4. Old phone, but works great.
In addition I use a Huawei MediaPad M3 tablet, 8-inch screen, also with DJI Go4. Very stable, and it has a bright screen for a tablet.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone with DJI Go4. Old phone, but works great.
In addition I use a Huawei MediaPad M3 tablet, 8-inch screen, also with DJI Go4. Very stable, and it has a bright screen for a tablet.
That's exactly the same two devices I fly with.

S7= Go4 (+ Go3 Whenever I feel like flying my P3P.)

MediaPad M8 = Go4 + Go3

Just bought a second hand drone +kit that included an iPhone 6s Plus, it runs the latest version of Fly just fine.

Tripltek 9 - 1300 nits Sustained brightness , not peak brightness as you are showing on the list. This is arguably the most important feature for all drone pilots.

Tripltek 9 - 1300 nits Sustained brightness , not peak brightness as you are showing on the list. This is arguably the most important feature for all drone pilots.
it's certainly an important feature for me, even though I have the 1200 nit Tripltek 8.0

but another important factor is the screen size. The Tripltek's screen is 2.3 times larger than the DJI RC and DJI RC Pro. And twice as big as most phones. That doubling of screen size coupled with the brightness are huge factors, at least they are for me and my older eyes and club fingers

that 12,200 mAh battery is a huge factor too; as well as the capacity for a 1TB micro-sd card and 256GB of on board memory

to be sure, the Tripltek is comparatively heavy compared to RC's and phones but that is easily resolved with a bracket and lanyard. I also think people significantly overrate the deployment times of the RC's

What, no Samsung Galaxy S7?

I don't use it for flying, though, I use the RC with its built-in screen.

What, no Samsung Galaxy S7?
That phone was released in 2016 (over 7 years ago). I recently removed all older mobile devices as many of them probably aren't able to run DJI Fly as well as the modern devices with better specs.

That phone was released in 2016 (over 7 years ago). I recently removed all older mobile devices as many of them probably aren't able to run DJI Fly as well as the modern devices with better specs.
The Galaxy S7 is an "oldie but goldie". It may not run DJI Fly (haven't tried), but Go4 works perfect on it. The S7 is a stable and robust phone, and the 7 year old battery is still in good shape.

Reactions: EssenYVR
I went ahead and clicked the Galaxy Z Fold 3, even though I currently have a 4. Prior, I had a 2 and ran both Fly and GO4 on it.

Also, use it both open and folded. Fly runs fine on the skinny folded screen. I had some flaky operation on that screen with GO4 once or twice, but i don't use GO4 any more these days.

Litchi and Litchi Pilot beta run fine, both screens.

Yeah I know - I was being a little bit tongue in cheek. I'm just an old, cranky senior who thinks that when I spend well north of $1000 on a phone it should last longer than a mere handful of years... (sigh)

It's a loosing battle, though - the remote access app for my car is no longer supported and now I'm having to shepherd the battery more carefully. The feature that's most tempting to me on the newer phones is the ability have them stop charging right up to 100%, which is a killer when you do it repeatedly with Li-Ion batteries.

when I spend well north of $1000 on a phone it should last longer than a mere handful of years
I think a lot of people are in that boat. And I bet a lot of the older phones/tablets are still working just fine (running DJI apps and beyond).

As for recommending mobile devices to new DJI drone owners, I'm thinking it's best not to start them off with a brand new device that was released some years ago. But, if those new owners already own an old device, they should certainly test them out before buying something new.

Found out this morning my MediaPad M3 8" run's Fly 1.10.0 and connects to the Mini 2 just fine. Couldn't fly to test it for lag etc 'cause it was 4:00 a.m. and I don't think I should fly this Mini 2 in the dark. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_