DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which rc will have OS3

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
Just looking at different versions available.
i am wondering about ocusync 3

i guess this will not be available using old mini 2 controller
will it be available on new standard controller packaged with mini 3?
will it be available on the new controller with built in screen?
or
Will it only be available using the new pro smart controller?

DJI considers the controllers (standard, RC Pro, DJIRC (with screen) as being O3. They will tell you that the controllers will switch between O2 and O3 based on what drone is is working with, which is true as a software solution.

We do know that the RC Pro (not compatible with the Mini 3 Pro at the moment) does have 4 antennas and is rated at higher output than the standard controller, and DJI RC so while they are all O3, they may not perform exactly the same.

To keep things straight, the new controller is the DJI RC. There is no "pro" or "smart" in the name.

So i still wonder which will be best for mini 3

So i still wonder which will be best for mini 3

Right now there are only 2 controllers that work with the mini 3. The RCN1 (same exact one that came with the mni 2, Air2 Air 2S, Mavic 3) and the "DJI RC"/RM330 (controller with the screen). They have the same output power. Think we don't know yet if they have different antenna configurations, but that seems unlikely, we'll need a tear down to probably tell. So they are likely the same, we don't know for sure yet.

The RC Pro has a different antenna configuration and more power in FCC mode, so it would probably be best, but as of now it doesn't work with the Mini 3.

Right now there are only 2 controllers that work with the mini 3. The RCN1 (same exact one that came with the mni 2, Air2 Air 2S, Mavic 3) and the "DJI RC"/RM330 (controller with the screen). They have the same output power. Think we don't know yet if they have different antenna configurations, but that seems unlikely, we'll need a tear down to probably tell. So they are likely the same, we don't know for sure yet.

The RC Pro has a different antenna configuration and more power in FCC mode, so it would probably be best, but as of now it doesn't work with the Mini 3.
DJI Power Output Chart.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02