DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

who pays for damaged battery?

frogs

Reactions
I was installing the 800 update and the software decided my battery was not DJI (or I think so anyway). So now I have a ruined battery. It's practically new (is one of three in the kit), only one flight maybe. I think it was a proprietary intentional kill action by DJI. Except it is the battery the drone came with and not a replacement (I don't even think there are such things for Mavic) So who do I complain to about this???

DJI service is usually awful, but they aren't that bad. I'm actually doing a warranty exchange, and got this from them.

"No fault was found with the charger, it was used to charge a set of goggles with no issue. For your satisfaction, we are replacing the charger, if the issue persists, the problem is most likely with the internal battery."

frogs, will you take $25 for that battery :). Just joking. I had the same issues with a battery I purchased yesterday and one that came with the Mavic. I also have updated the Mavic system to 800 firmware. Here is my fix. I installed the latest version of DJI assistant on my PC. I put the battery in the Mavic. I connected the Mavic to my PC using the supplied USB x Micro USB cord. I opened the DJI assistant APP on the computer and turned on the Mavic with the normal double click (No controller needed). After a few seconds the DJI assistant APP found the attached Mavic and indicated a firmware conflict (Battery). Follow instructions on screen to confirm battery firmware update and it will happen. You will notice the same little movements of all the Mavic parts and 2 green center battery lights may light up. It will take a minute or so for the battery firmware to update and DJI assistant will indicate if update was successful. Sometimes the APP will ask you to turn off Mavic and restart Mavic to make sure it was a successful update.
If you have more new batteries repeat the same process for each battery that gave you an error message Thumbswayup.
If all OK go fly ;).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580