DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why no obstacle avoidance in tripod mode? (Correction- there is)

Pp09nlk2n

Reactions
I don't get why there is no obstacle avoidance in sport more - particularly tripod mode, waypoint missions as well.

I get why in "real sport mode", flying super fast, that the sensors can't keep up.

But why not tripod or waypoint mission if the Mavic is going slow enough?

because they go off at 8m away, tripod mode I can thread between tree branches that would have otherwise been stopped by OA

But they could change in firmware the distance at which avoidance occurs in tripod mode.

I didn't realize OA was disabled in Tripod and Waypoint mode. Has that always been the case? The manual doesn't mention it. I can't remember the last time I used Tripod mode, but when I tested a Waypoints mission on Jan 7, it gave me no indication that OA had been disabled.

I'm surprised to read this. How do you know it is disabled in tripod and waypoint modes?

I used tripod mode the other day and I'm sure it avoided an obstacle because it stopped and beeped as I was trying to fly it through a fairly small opening

Well, I've been out today and I can tell you OA is definitely on in tripod mode on mine.

Used Tripod earlier today (post most recent FW update). OA fully functional - not sure what the query is here...

OP here- my mistake. I was repeating what I had heard on a YouTube review which was apparently wrong. Sorry about the confusion all.

Reactions: JLane
OP here- my mistake. I was repeating what I had heard on a YouTube review which was apparently wrong. Sorry about the confusion all.

I'm constantly amazed by how many time I've seen people state things in YouTube "tutorial videos" that are just completely incorrect.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun