DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why not to get the Fly More Combo?

You can buy this kind of car power inverter for 22 usd and use tour normal battery charger

Thanks Bernard.
Yes inverters are pretty common now.
That one is modified sine though, not the best for some electronics, which need pure sine.

I do a lot of off road touring, and off grid for weeks sometimes, so the 12v is better / simpler for me, solar, 2nd battery for power needs.
As said, I find the 12v charger is superior to the mains anyway, I can practically drive short stretches, have a fly, charge up a 1/2 drained battery in no time.
I have 6 batteries for the M1P so could really just about fly non stop while touring daily.

If I do buy another DJI drone, I would get a 12v charger (if not included in a Flymore combo), but if not in that I would really consider just getting the plain stand alone package and buy a few extra batteries.
I do like the hub chargers I have for both the M1P and Spark, also the M1P usb adapter, sometimes use it to charge a phone and bring a partial battery down to 45% or so.

Reactions: BJR981S and Bernard
Batteries alone make it worth it. I agree..I rarely use more than one battery even with the short legged spark but there is always going to be the time that they could come in handy. I keep the batteries charged and that has never been an issue with the spark. With the air it's been a different story. Three batteries...two slightly swelled and one flat one that flat ... failed in flight. I might have to re-consider my charging method with the new Air.
I like the soft bag. It's similar to the one that came with the spark and that bag is super handy and easy to use. I have hard cases for all my drones but only use them for storage. For me they're not handy to carry around.

The advantage of having 2 or more batteries is also due to the fact that you have to wait for the batteries to cool before recharging ...

Reactions: BJR981S
Thanks Bernard.
Yes inverters are pretty common now.
That one is modified sine though, not the best for some electronics, which need pure sine.

I do a lot of off road touring, and off grid for weeks sometimes, so the 12v is better / simpler for me, solar, 2nd battery for power needs.
As said, I find the 12v charger is superior to the mains anyway, I can practically drive short stretches, have a fly, charge up a 1/2 drained battery in no time.
I have 6 batteries for the M1P so could really just about fly non stop while touring daily.

If I do buy another DJI drone, I would get a 12v charger (if not included in a Flymore combo), but if not in that I would really consider just getting the plain stand alone package and buy a few extra batteries.
I do like the hub chargers I have for both the M1P and Spark, also the M1P usb adapter, sometimes use it to charge a phone and bring a partial battery down to 45% or so.

Has DJI ever bundled a car charger?

I suspect this question gets asked for every DJI drone launch, give the perceived value of the Fly More why wouldn't you get it?

Obviously the number one reason is the cost. If you budget only allows for the drone then that's ok.

My math (which is suspect at best) on the MA2 has the Retail Value of the Fly More at US$1294, with the MSRP at $988. So for US$189 more than the base drone you get US$495 more stuff.

Now the caveat is that some of the DJI prices are way out of line to help inflate the perceived value.

$89 for the bag is ridiculous.
Battery Charging Hub at $69 is equally laughable. Piece of plastic with some wires running through it.
I'm guessing the filters are the only things that aren't unreasonable.

Why are you getting the Fly More? The extra batteries alone make it worth it?
Yes. Batteries and ND filters enough.

I had the MM and got the combo pack . It helped . I fly recreational . So I ordered the combo for my (waiting) MA2 #besafe. #haPPyflying

Reactions: swooshdave
No way I would get stuck with just one battery and the Fly More is less than the price of two extra batteries and has extra goodies.

Reactions: Seachief
I suspect this question gets asked for every DJI drone launch, give the perceived value of the Fly More why wouldn't you get it?

Obviously the number one reason is the cost. If you budget only allows for the drone then that's ok.

My math (which is suspect at best) on the MA2 has the Retail Value of the Fly More at US$1294, with the MSRP at $988. So for US$189 more than the base drone you get US$495 more stuff.

Now the caveat is that some of the DJI prices are way out of line to help inflate the perceived value.

$89 for the bag is ridiculous.
Battery Charging Hub at $69 is equally laughable. Piece of plastic with some wires running through it.
I'm guessing the filters are the only things that aren't unreasonable.

Why are you getting the Fly More? The extra batteries alone make it worth it?

Don't forget the filters that you need and are also included. I bought the MA1 with the fly more package and had to buy the quite expensive filters separate.

Don't forget the filters that you need and are also included. I bought the MA1 with the fly more package and had to buy the quite expensive filters separate.

Good callout. Using the filters correctly is more advanced so I’m not sure how many people will understand how to use them correctly.

But certainly another US$65 value in the package.

On the filters, a PL filter in the bunch would have made me happier. I can make do with the NDs but will probably have to buy a 16PL now too. The bags I have never used. Props, batteries and a filter set to start out with made the purchase worthwhile. I will still have to source legs extensions and a PL somewhere now. (btw, bought the package on the opening day and my package deal is still sitting at "processing" so I have plenty of time to shop)

Nobody has mentioned the other two valuable items, the spare control sticks and the battery to power bank adapter. The later will allow you to use an expensive battery to charge your phone/tablet when a 5 times capacity battery can be had for under $30 to do the same thing.

P.S. In case it's not being interpreted as intended, I'm joking that these are "valuable" in the Fly More even though they are included.

• Haha
Reactions: TheRock and Dannick
Nobody has mentioned the other two valuable items, the spare control sticks and the battery to power bank adapter. The later will allow you to use an expensive battery to charge your phone/tablet when a 5 times capacity battery can be had for under $30 to do the same thing.

P.S. In case it's not being interpreted as intended, I'm joking that these are "valuable" in the Fly More even though they are included.
The control sticks are not part of the Fly More Combo, they come with the normal version as well.

Those are the two things I never touched on my MA1. But I can certainly see how they’d come in super handy if you needed one. Like the extra blades they are insurance.

The USB adapter is more about an easy way to drop a battery from say 75% charge to 45% for best storage charge.
I've only used mine a couple of times though, as a convenience thing (nothing else on hand at the time), usually I fly batteries down to around that, and if I have fully charged batteries after a series of flights, I just leave them to auto discharge (2 days).

Reactions: GarthH
I always bought fly more kit for my Air V1, M2 Pro and mini. But for the first time i think i will not buy it.
When i travel, i like to do it light. So i know i will not like the weight of this two extra batteries. The only way i think is to find something (powerbank?) to recharge rapidly the only battery i'll have.
Also i hope to find a case that perfectly fit the controller and the MA2, with no extra space. When you travel with reflex, 2 lenses, osmo mobile 3, one MA2...every small space are welcomed

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich