DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wider props?

WheelzWorld

Reactions
Am I tripping or there seems to be some un-official wider propellers available...?

Would wider props help to carry accessories for example?

c0165de4599d03b27a537db16f681eb1.jpg

ae7158543ef76e8c456d8a31c7015edf.jpg

AerialTEK sells them for the Mavic. They are carbon fiber. I am happy with OEM props and have never understood why people want carbon fiber other than people like to say "carbon fiber". :)

AerialTEK sells them for the Mavic. They are carbon fiber. I am happy with OEM props and have never understood why people want carbon fiber other than people like to say "carbon fiber". :)
Woohooo!! No for my part I'm wondering if it can help when I have 2 LumeCubes, plus a GoPro attached to a Removu S1 which would be attached to the Mavic? HAHAHA... (just the GP+RS1 would already be great)

And the ones I found are 7$ a pair so I doubt it is carbon fiber lol...

Keep in mind that swinging a prop that might be generating more lift requires more torque from the motor. More motor torque means the motor will demand more current which could be detrimental to the motor(s) and/or the motor controllers.

I think carbon fiber are advertised as quieter.

Keep in mind that swinging a prop that might be generating more lift requires more torque from the motor. More motor torque means the motor will demand more current which could be detrimental to the motor(s) and/or the motor controllers.

Right you are. These forces are engineered at the outset, any mods will wear faster.

Reactions: Apocalypso
I believe there is currently only one manufacturer making 3rd party plastic Mavic props. I bought some to check them out and they are the same size as the OEM Mavic props.

I think carbon fiber are advertised as quieter.

Carbon Fibre props are quieter?? Not sure but they are stronger and flex less. A lot of buffeting and flex happens at the tip of the blade, because it is travelling fastest. Allowing props to bend slightly means that they are better able to deal with the buffeting and the variations in pressure.

This flex does reduce lift, but helps reduce vibration and stress on the motors and airframe. I've got a different craft which I have carbon and plastic props for and I've not really noticed a difference in noise. Plus the Mavic is so quiet anyway.

I read in another forum, some people were going to T-motor carbon fiber props on their Inspire 2, and a DJI rep stated that using non-dji props would result in DJI denying a warranty claim.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan