DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi IP range (not getting dhcp from mavic in WiFi mode)

BorisTheSpider

Reactions
Hi,

My phone is glitching and failing to get an IP address via dchp from my mavic, I want to connect with WiFi for use as a ghetto steadicam/gimbal for ground based video.

Can someone please take a look and tell me what IP address and subnet mask the mavic allocates so I can set an appropriate address statically.

Thanks

Hi,

My phone is glitching and failing to get an IP address via dchp from my mavic, I want to connect with WiFi for use as a ghetto steadicam/gimbal for ground based video.

Can someone please take a look and tell me what IP address and subnet mask the mavic allocates so I can set an appropriate address statically.

Thanks
You can only connect one device at a time to the Mavic. This is to prevent abuse and hijacking mid-flight.

Thanks but you must have misread my post, I was asking what subnet the IP addresses are in.

For anyone else with a similar problem in future, I eventually got allocated an IP of 192.168.2.2 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

Thanks but you must have misread my post, I was asking what subnet the IP addresses are in.

For anyone else with a similar problem in future, I eventually got allocated an IP of 192.168.2.2 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
Oops, sorry I did. Yes the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. You rarely ever find a consumer internet connection with a subnet of something else. Unless it is an enterprise network. So I would really scratch my head if this drone used a different mask.

That mask has 3 available IP's and 2 are reserved leaving 1 available
Whoops, you are right except you have 2 IPs that can be used as hosts, one is the Mavic and the other is the device. Unless you are counting the network address.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d