DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the power bank adapter deplete the Mavic battery past 30%

thongbong

Reactions
Like the title said, Will the power bank adapter deplete the Mavic battery past 30%. I wanted to get one to discharge leftover batteries but was wondering if there is a fail safe to keep the batteries from passing 30% depletion or any set level.

Like the title said, Will the power bank adapter deplete the Mavic battery past 30%. I wanted to get one to discharge leftover batteries but was wondering if there is a fail safe to keep the batteries from passing 30% depletion or any set level.

No the battery pack won't let it discharge past a certain point.
You want to use it to discharge leftover batteries?
You do know they will automatically discharge to the correct storage voltage on their own, can be user set between 1 to 10 days before they discharge to storage voltage

Reactions: thongbong
The batteries will auto shut off when the first battery cell reaches 3.0V.

Reactions: thongbong
Thanks for your help guys!!! I've been searching for the answer all over the web but couldn't find the answer. Yes I do know they auto discharge but I will be taking quite a few trips this year and thought it would be good to just use the leftover juice to charge my iphone instead of letting it dissipate slowly.

I used my 30% charged battery to charge my iPad through the power bank adapter. The battery was drained from 30% to 0% in less than an hour while increasing the charge on the iPad only approximately 20%. I was alarmed when I plugged the battery into the MP and saw a "0%". I don't know how it managed to power the MP enough to link to the Go app, but it did. No failsafe prevented this over discharge event. Perhaps because I was at or below 30% to start with? No, I didn't capture any additional info on the battery such as voltage...I just recharged it and it has suffered no apparent ill effects from the experience.

At least once since I have discharged my battery by charging an iPad with the power bank adapter to below 30% though I now watch it like a hawk to avoid over discharge. There appears to be no failsafe logic protecting my batteries, at least.

I used my 30% charged battery to charge my iPad through the power bank adapter. The battery was drained from 30% to 0% in less than an hour while increasing the charge on the iPad only approximately 20%. I was alarmed when I plugged the battery into the MP and saw a "0%". I don't know how it managed to power the MP enough to link to the Go app, but it did. No failsafe prevented this over discharge event. Perhaps because I was at or below 30% to start with? No, I didn't capture any additional info on the battery such as voltage...I just recharged it and it has suffered no apparent ill effects from the experience.

At least once since I have discharged my battery by charging an iPad with the power bank adapter to below 30% though I now watch it like a hawk to avoid over discharge. There appears to be no failsafe logic protecting my batteries, at least.
Thanks for the update. In the time since, I have bought a power adapter but have never let it drop below 30%. That is pretty bad, hopefully DJI can make a firmware update to take care of that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998