DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

With or without battery??

Javierz0509

Reactions
Is it better to store your drone with the battery on or off? how do you guys do it?
50704164538_7c7273cbf0_c.jpg

I’ve always kept a battery in all mine. Can carry 4 batterys in case instead of 3. Better or not I’ve never had any issues.

but it’s an M2P and batteries are different
That's an M2A, but it's all the same really. The battery can be stored in the drone (just like DJI packs them for sale).

Never thought about it. I keep one in the drone and the other 2 in the bag. Helps me know what one to use next. Goes like this:

Battery B is in the drone and charged -- Fly B next.
Battery C is in the drone and not charged -- Fly A next.

(I'll not list all 6 combinations.)

Is it better to store your drone with the battery on or off? how do you guys do it?
While it is pretty much unheard of, there is still a chance. I store all batteries away from each other. I will transport them one in drone and other 3 in case. But storing all your eggs in one basket, Drone, 4 batts,Smart Controller, ND's...ect in one place has never gave me the warm fuzzy feeling.

If anything goes wrong with one, you lose it all. ;) And when one battery goes off triggering the others, four batteries burning at the same time is going to make a heck of a mess and risk much more than just a $2000 investment+...But to each their own. ;)

Last edited:
I pull the battery but only for cooling and charging..I always keep a battery in the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs