DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

With regards to the csv outputs from DatCon, CsvView, TXTlogToCSVtool & Phantomhelp's logviewer and opening those csv as spreadsheets.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

What determines where an individual column appears in the resultant spread sheet and the 'names' assigned to each column?

Yes I know that colums can be shifted once the data is in spreadsheet form but the question relates to the default outputs

Thanks, ok lets go one step further back in the process, what determines where the individual headers and their respective columns 'appear' in the csv?

Ultimately I am getting round to asking is, if, between the writers of the various analysis software, it is possible to agree upon a standardised nomenclature for the header names and postition of their respective columns?

I ask because many years ago I did some programming, form memory the program read various data files processed that data and then output the results in a layout specified by the programmer. To cite drone data column A could be the drone's name, column B could be the date.

I realise that the currently the colums seem to my mind to be grouped according to what 'system' they are drived from and that what 'systems' are available varies between drone models but........

The thing that likely determines this is what data is available to be written from a given drone. That is determined by the DJI api, which is slightly different for each drone model. An all inclusive solution would end up with blank columns where a particular drone did not provide data for that entry. Spreadsheet horsing around will still be necessary depending on the drone model.

That's a fair point and I think I can see that when comparing P3 data with mavic 'abc' data but is standardisation of the header names possible?

The safe answer is that it's possible to standardize the .csv column order and names. But, it would be very difficult, require a lot of time and require constant tweaking. I'm speaking as the DatCon developer but I think the answer will be the same for the developers of TXTlogToCSVtool and the Phantomhelp logviewer

Take a look at section 4 of the new user manual to get an idea of where the column names come from https://datfile.net/Doc/DatCon4.pdf. The contents of a .DAT are different for each platforms and change for every FW update.

Cheers Bud I was hoping you would see this and answer.
Thanks

It seems most developers are displaying the data in the order it's available in the actual log files. That's what my free log viewer does too.

While not free, Flight Reader (my offline log viewer) allows the order of the columns to be customized. You can add/remove/reorder the columns to generate export files that meet your specific needs.

Thanks for answering Msinger you were another hoped for respondent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs