DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Wobble" on movies.

Para4265

Reactions
Hello people, I'm sure this has been done to death on here, but I'm looking for help please. I'm from Ireland but going on holidays in a few weeks time and I'm trying to solve a problem.....I'm getting a lot of shimmer (or wobble) when recording movies on my Mavic, and it remains when it's transferred onto my Mac. I import it to Photos and from there to iMovie. I'm shooting at 1080p and 60fps. White Balance is set to auto. It's a pretty new drone and flys perfectly. You've all probably been asked this a thousand times but I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

Has it always done this?
Have you crashed?
It might be the ":jello" effect. If so its a manufacturing defect & the only way to fix it is to send it in for a new one. You can do a search on this board for "jello effect" to see examples.
If you're still unsure you may want to post some videos.

Reactions: Para4265
Thanks for the reply James. No, I've never crashed and it seems to be the jello effect as you describe. I don't think it was always like that. I'm in work at the moment so I'll play around with settings tomorrow and if that doesn't work then I think I might need to take drastic action!

Has anyone any ideas for a change in settings that might help?

Can you post some Youtubes of what it's doing?

Thanks for the reply James. No, I've never crashed and it seems to be the jello effect as you describe. I don't think it was always like that. I'm in work at the moment so I'll play around with settings tomorrow and if that doesn't work then I think I might need to take drastic action!

Has anyone any ideas for a change in settings that might help?

I should have mentioned to check the tabs on the camera mount since it can slip out of place. If you don't have DJI Carefresh & need a repair "Thunderdrones" is your man.

Reactions: Former Member
So just as a follow up, I'm only seeing this now and it would've saved me a few hours work! Refreshed firmware, recalibrated all kinds of everything but no good. Eventually I found one of those tabs was out of place, looked on YouTube to see which way they should actually be.....job done! Flew it in a high breeze and worked a treat. Thanks for your help James, much appreciated.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman