DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would not calibrate compass

rjordan51195

Reactions
I've had the mavic for right at two days now. When I first got it, I flew for 20 minutes or so with no problems what so ever. I installed the new firmware that same night (last night) and went flying twice today. The IMU was ready to go, had satellites, but I had to calibrate the compass. So I attempted to. The compass would not calibrate after multiple attempts. I flew it anyway. When I flew in sport mode the app would tell me that my compass calibration was off but as soon as I let off the throttle, everything went away and I had a green light. Is anyone else having the same issue with compass calibration?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The warning seems to be common in sport mode. I get it when I'm at full forward flight, and just like you it resolves when I back off. There are a couple of threads on this elsewhere...

I've had the mavic for right at two days now. When I first got it, I flew for 20 minutes or so with no problems what so ever. I installed the new firmware that same night (last night) and went flying twice today. The IMU was ready to go, had satellites, but I had to calibrate the compass. So I attempted to. The compass would not calibrate after multiple attempts. I flew it anyway. When I flew in sport mode the app would tell me that my compass calibration was off but as soon as I let off the throttle, everything went away and I had a green light. Is anyone else having the same issue with compass calibration?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I strongly suggest out of the box, that you do a compass calibration and especially if the app is telling you that a calibration is required. This is not something to ignore or we will be reading about your crashed drone next.
Here is a link to a very good post on the subject... Compass Calibration Guide

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR