DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you fly this route?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I looking at water or a weird gold course lol. I would fly it as long as i had a plan to get out there if i needed too and you can do it safely. Also, i wonder about the signal and your viewing location.. I find it hard to get more than 4k ft in front of me if i have a lot of trees around me with my air 2..

• Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Am I looking at water or a weird gold course lol. I would fly it as long as i had a plan to get out there if i needed too and you can do it safely. Also, i wonder about the signal and your viewing location.. I find it hard to get more than 4k ft in front of me if i have a lot of trees around me with my air 2..
Thank you so much @VenomXts for your logical, reasonable answer.

It's water lol... shallow flats dotted with islands for days. Some of my favorite fishing grounds.

Right now though, a boat is out of the picture, so that weighs heavily on my mind too.

It's definitely not the glades.

It's not that difficult to determine with a little research.

Look at my location, then do some tinkering in maps, it'll stand out.

But again, back to the point.

And yes, VLOS at 2 miles with a florescent skin is possible with 20/15 vision. It may be a glint, but it's distinguishable against the backround. The orientation can be found on the screen.
Pretty good eyes my friend I lose mine at 300m I think your playing with yourself.

Pretty good eyes my friend I lose mine at 300m I think your playing with yourself.
Nahhh, never, not once have I ever, "played with myself". I might shoot my eye out! Then how would I see my MA2 at 2 miles?!?!

My body is my Temple lol ???

Reactions: Archon<>Procyon
Not even close the VLOS even with lights. I also flythe Inspire, much bigger and wouldn’t fly it beyond 2000 feet. Birds are just one issue, vfr pilots Fixed or rotary wing doing low level Nav checks or practice emerg. landings and hydro cables (Which you have already checked on yr VFR charts?). Any small airports or grass strips nearby? Wind direction a major factor. what sources of Electromagnetic interference or a high KP index could cause a disconnect or mess up your compass.

Reactions: CountryGuy
Honestly. Some guys should spend more time flying and less time posting. Visual sight at 4kms, oh please? In that terrain?
Actually, if you think about it, it is probably better that they spend more time posting and less flying, that's likely to cause less anti drone agro in the outside world. :)

Man, for reeeeallll?!?!

Forget it.

Never freaking mind.

My god people.

There are hundreds of threads about people and their 11km flights. Go bother them.

I'll find a picture to put this **** to rest. Holy crap.

Go drone police people that actually need policing...

• Haha
Reactions: Naemoney

Okay, so no picture, but read the description...

3+ mile visibility.

I already said I had VLOS the whole flight.

...there's definitely bigger fish to fry guys...

I'm 100% legal all the time, may not have been in the past, but this forum has fixed that. I'm not willing to lose my drone, my favorite hobby, my favorite money maker... for some cool shots. That's for the next guy.

There's plenty of legal footage to be had out there.

This is simply a question of whether you as a person, would trust your MA2 for this flight, knowing it's bird-y, and you don't have a boat... but you have 2 Getterbacks and can walk...
It's shallow.

Thanks. Have a great day.

Not even close the VLOS even with lights. I also flythe Inspire, much bigger and wouldn’t fly it beyond 2000 feet. Birds are just one issue, vfr pilots Fixed or rotary wing doing low level Nav checks or practice emerg. landings and hydro cables (Which you have already checked on yr VFR charts?). Any small airports or grass strips nearby? Wind direction a major factor. what sources of Electromagnetic interference or a high KP index could cause a disconnect or mess up your compass.
It's Florida. It's flat to begin with, and I'm flying over water.
My max altitude would be 100 feet, unless I had signal issues, in which case I wouldn't go above 200... I hardly ever do, even for long range, I don't like shots from high up anyway.

Yeah, I wouldn't fly an Inspire past 2000 feet either. I rarely fly past 1500 with my MA2, but this is a rare shot. I wouldn't be flying it on the regular. I always reach out to nearby airports. I know that over water, planes abide by different rules. If I can see my drone, I can see a plane. I have ADS-B also... Which I know is not a 100% fail proof system, but helps.

This is simply a question of whether you as a person, would trust your MA2 for this flight, knowing it's bird-y,

Indeed it was a simple question but, when you are given a simple answer, as in

"Then surely the answer to the title is NO!"

you present counter arguments

"Every where I fly seems littered with birds though"

Honestly. Some guys should spend more time flying and less time posting. Visual sight at 4kms, oh please? In that terrain?
its florida. its flat.

i have an elevated take off point.

yes. 4km VLOS.

ive logged over 100 hours of flight in a month, so i think i can handle both just fine, thanks for the advice though.

Indeed it was a simple question but, when you are given a simple answer, as in

"Then surely the answer to the title is NO!"

you present counter arguments

"Every where I fly seems littered with birds though"
yes right, so maybe, just maybe, somebody comes along with reassurance that birds don't take interest in a "drone-in-flight".

but thanks for your answer. i appreciate it.

i know the whole vertical ascent to counter birds and all that... just here for some moral support i guess, of which there hasn't been much, save for the unrighteous few.

well my fellow flyer your interpretation of VLOS is rather ambitious ,seeing a speck of light in the sky is not really VLOS, its the ability to be able to avoid structures or other flying objects ,and taking the appropriate action to avoid contact, you would have no spatial awareness of your environment at the distance you are intending to fly

well my fellow flyer your interpretation of VLOS is rather ambitious ,seeing a speck of light in the sky is not really VLOS, its the ability to be able to avoid structures or other flying objects ,and taking the appropriate action to avoid contact, you would have no spatial awareness of your environment at the distance you are intending to fly
OMM, i respect your opinion. it's impossible to describe i guess.

my home point plays a large role in my VLOS.

i am focusing on the strobe because it would squash most concern. the end point is a "house", which from my home point i can make out the windows, barely, but i can count how many windows the side facing me has. its hard, but doable.

VLOS is not the issue.

Reactions: old man mavic
you cant really think that people on this forum are going to encourage you to do a flight that is clearly fraught with dangers to your drone ,irrespective of the legality of said flight,
you obviously know what those dangers are so its up to you whether you take the risk or not

"somebody comes along with reassurance that birds don't take interest in a "drone-in-flight"."

which you surely have gathered is a load of fertiliser.

what sources of Electromagnetic interference or a high KP index could cause a disconnect or mess up your compass.
Up in the air, you'll never encounter any electromagnetic interference to affect the compass.
That's something that happens on the ground, not in the air.
No drone has ever had any incident that could be attributed to a high KP index.
The idea that KP index could affect your flight is a myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs