DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw rotation keeps overshooting

jwilson

Reactions
I've been messing with my control settings to try to get my videos smoother. My problem is, that when in normal mode, and I saw, after I take my finger off the stick, it keeps yawing for one or two more seconds, making it very difficult to point at what I want to point at. In CINE mode, it doesn't do this at all. When I take my finger off, it stops on a dime. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Check uTube, there’s bound to be some videos on the “Best” setting for the 3 Pro.

I did it today and it did make a big difference. Thanks.
Happy to help. Playing with the settings can create unintended consequences, unless you fully understand what each one alters. If in doubt, a YouTube search will usually turn up multiple videos explaining each one.

Reactions: davidarmenb
You can set different response curves for each mode. I generally fly in "P" mode. I have that set up with a very smooth response with a slower yaw rate and delay in stopping. If for some reason I want it to stop on a dime, I'll switch to one of the other modes.

Happy to help. Playing with the settings can create unintended consequences, unless you fully understand what each one alters. If in doubt, a YouTube search will usually turn up multiple videos explaining each one.
I changed yaw sensitivity from 64 to 30. It stops pretty good now but I haven't tested how jerky the yaws are now. That was a big problem with my videos

Well, while I was just testing my yaw smoothness, I made a major discovery, at least to me. Cruise control will keep a constant speed and yaw rate or rotation, at the same time! So you can fly perfect circles! You can't change these rates without leaving cruise control, but you can still use the stick to temporarily change the yaw. When you release the stick, it will go back to the same yaw rotation rate that you set when you entered cruise control. It's kind of tricky, because you have to hold both sticks, and hit the function button at the same time. Anyway, I'm happy to find this out. I will post some pictures of my routes. If you hit the erasor icon it will clear the old path and give you a clean map.

Screenshot_20240320_141842.jpg

Last edited:
Again. As you can see, I am flying perfect circles! And you can move the circles horizontally.

Screenshot_20240320_141632.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1