DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your Best Looking Shots/Video

A few from my recent ones. Lately, we have been having very beautiful skies in the afternoon here in Bahirdar, Ethiopia.

Below is where the Blue Nile starts its long journey to the Mediterranean sea. See if you can spot the lone fisherman on a papyrus dingy :). The structure over the river that looks like a bridge is actually a water regulation (dam?) - what is the name of these things? Sorry, I am not an engineer.

View attachment 85981

And here we have clouds dancing at Sunset over Lake Tana. The Blue Nile departs the lake at the opening behind the boat in the middle. This picture is actually from a time lapse sequence; I have made a few of those on this spot and witnessed a few magical sunsets. It is my favorite filming location.
View attachment 85982

And below is a partial view of my city - Bahirdar. It is a little gem of a city resting on the southern tip of the heart shaped lake (Tana). Much of the city lies to the south-west beyond the right edge of the picture. But there was a harsh late afternoon sun in that direction and none of the pictures I shot facing the sun came out right. Also, I am afraid this particular picture is far from my best, and does no justice to the beauty of the city or the lake. But I am including it anyway :D
View attachment 85985
Love the views of the headwaters of the world’s greatest river!

Absolutely love the pic from Donegal! Love the portrayal of the beach an sand/drainage pattern.
Well done!!
Thank you very much for your kind comment, that's the beach I go to surfing all the time and early mornings are perfect for drone captures! Infact I am getting it printed, really excited how it is going to be like ?

Reactions: Thomas B

Nice clean object ... looks like a toy :)

A tip for the future ... try to use "the rule of thirds" when taking stills (& shooting video ...), frame divided both horizontally & vertically in 3 equal peaces, then place main subject positioned in the high or low outer crossings. Also if it's a moving object like in your case a vehicle see to that it looks to move into the picture. So in this case place the vehicle in the upper right crossing.

2019-12-08_18-37-07.jpg

Lately, I have been shooting manual panos in AEB mode. It is a lot of extra steps compared to the built in pano option but the results are really far better. Two samples below, which I unfortunately had to crop and reduce the file size so they could be acceptable for upload here.

DJI_0832-HDR-Pano 40x20.jpgDJI_0382-HDR-Pano_40x20_s.jpg

Reactions: NZmxer
That are the only three photos i've shoot so far. This photos was made with a rented dji mavic pro 2 zoom in my first 3 flights i ever made with a drone.

Now because of the new drone laws in europe i bought a mavic mini and hope for good shoots too :)
But since today i was not able to start this little drone because of bad weather conditions.

Hope to show you new stuff soon.

Best wishs from germany and happy public holidays to all of you.

IMG_20191210_172827_016.jpegIMG_20191214_165501_023.jpegmeerhofsee.jpeg

First MM shoot

Edit of the first flight.

Last edited:
Wish the last descent film at the end had continued for another 10-15 seconds to break through the clouds entirely.

Honestly i had kinda lost the sight of my drone in those thick clouds. I was trying to get it back asap. It was suppose to be a normal flight but the footage came out decent. I hope you all liked it.

Reactions: Thomas B
A partial view of my home town
bd-pano_30x60_high-jpg.89974

Attachments

• BD-Pano_30x60_high.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 80
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads