DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your favorite toy drone?

About 15, maybe 20, years ago, I bought a reissue or similar toy (don't remember the specifics) for my son. He liked it... but I think I liked it more. :D

I don't remember what happened to it.

Thats how I secretly bought new toys for myself so my wife didnt get angry. Buy it for your kids, and then play with it more than them.

Thats how I secretly bought new toys for myself so my wife didnt get angry. Buy it for your kids, and then play with it more than them.
Lol - so true. My youngest is 23 now, I'm all out-a excuses 'til we get some grandkids!

Lol - so true. My youngest is 23 now, I'm all out-a excuses 'til we get some grandkids!

Thats even better. Grandkids were meant to be spoiled, with no repercussions. When they finally come out, buy a new M2 for your granddaughter (or son)! He or she might have no interest, and that's your ticket.

The HolyStone HS170! This thing ROCKS! Has amazing customer service too. It's fast as heck in the sport mode! Love this little guy.

Reactions: Soonerdrone
OK don't laugh. I fly a MPP but when I just want to zip around and have fun or let a friend have a go I use my 8807HD-G mini foldable drone. It's fast and and only about $45.

View attachment 42380

View attachment 42381
I have one of these as well (maybe it's a knockoff, not sure). Anyway, it is a good flyer. As expected, the camera is bad - I don't use it either. Worth the money though, fun to fly.

I have an Air and a little Tello. The Tello is surprisingly good and stable. You can literally push it in air and it returns to its original position. I downloaded a crack which has extended it's ceiling to 30m. That's high enough for a little drone. It takes pretty good images and video as well. Using the smart phone virtual joy sticks takes some practice and is a little clunky, but not too bad. I did buy a Game Sir controller for it, but haven't managed to get it to work that well. The Tello seems to want to go up of it's own accord when I use the control.

My Favorite which I still use to really entertain my kids, is the Syma X5C. I've upgraded the battery to a lipo 1s and it really moves in sport mode. Doing the flips is what my kids love the most.

OK don't laugh. I fly a MPP but when I just want to zip around and have fun or let a friend have a go I use my 8807HD-G mini foldable drone. It's fast and and only about $45.

View attachment 42380

View attachment 42381
Except Tello, I have a Seluroid Visuo, very similar to yours!

It is very difficult to fly, but it is a great school, also!

61rnvvPVUIL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the Holystone 150 and the Heliway 903 much more than the than some of the others I have. Real Flight-8 (edit: a flight simulator) is a different alternative for flying drones. It has some pretty good models to fly. To tell the truth I've dumped a lot of cash in different small drones that I should have put toward a good drone flight simulator. Both the simulator and HS-150 did a fair time teaching me to fly my vortex-250. The Heliway has altitude hold for fun indoor flying and is more similar to my Tello. Most of the small toy drones have become garage wall art.

Last edited:
I have one of these as well (maybe it's a knockoff, not sure). Anyway, it is a good flyer. As expected, the camera is bad - I don't use it either. Worth the money though, fun to fly.
I'm not gonna laugh cause I just ordered one with 4 batteries .. I've had major neck problems with another surgery scheduled on 6th of august . I need something small that I can just fly around outside . I have a MPP with crystalsky and 3 remotes 1 stock ,one 4Hawks sr and a xr both are boosted..The 4Hawks xr is mounted on tripod so I'll be able to use it . Soo I'll have this one to play with .

I bought my son a syma x20. It was so easy to fly (he's 5) and fun I bought one for me. We set up courses and chase each other. Mostly indoors.
For outside I've used an x5c and a parrot x- wing. Both are a blast

Reactions: mrwagdog
Blade Inductrix and other F3 and F4 Tiny Whoops... Unlike my Syma ones, they actually flies like a reputable high quality quad.
Yep _ have a Beta75, 2 motors fried so waiting for motors.
My REAL fun little flyer is a nano - a Viper M550. That thing is a hoot inside and a great learning tool.

iu

Found a Hubsan 502s on Ebay for $60. Cant beat that. The boy loves it. It has a mediocre video feed screen built in to the controller. Enough for him to not need one of our phones. Hovers surprisingly well and stable, range isn't bad for a toy-grade, and it makes about a third of the Mavic's sound. At a fraction of the price too, I don't mind if it smacks a tree branch or lands hard. I told him it was mine so he shows more caution in the beginning. We made a checklist for preflight and I stand by and make sure he doesn't go nuts (on an empty baseball field). After a few more flights I'll let him know it's his. Cant wait.

I really like my JJRC H31. It cost me about $28, flies great and pretty much seems indestructible. A great drone to learn how to fly plus it's light weight and prop guards make it safe to fly indoors too.

Reactions: mrwagdog
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtcexpress1