DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Youtube 4K vs 1440P

X424

Reactions
Hey all,

Ok this one has me miffed. I just uploaded two nearly identical (save for the transitions) 4K clips to my youtube channel. They were both exported from PP CC 2017 as H264 3840 x 2160 with a bit rate of 84 mbps.

Here is where things get funky. The first video I uploaded is only displaying in youtube as max 1440P yet the second video is displaying at the 4K setting.

Any ideas?

Clips can be found here:

Clip 1:

Clip 2:

*scratches head*

Youtube renders each resolution separately.

When you first upload a video it's 360P, in a few minutes it's 480, eventually it gets around to 4k. Depending on the size of your video it can take up to an hour.

Is that what's going on here?

Reactions: X424
I thought it might be that but what was strange was how the second video uploaded was 4K before the first one got there. They are both there now at 4K. Thanks :)

Thanks mate. Epping Forest to the East of London.

Made sense to me to give it some overhead for when youtube compresses it. Who knows if it works!

I spent hours trying to figure this out myself, changed the encoder settings, frame rate, etc. Figured out YouTube changed something on their end. Instead of using H.264 they're using VP9, which if you're using Safari, isn't supported yet. Try using Chrome and see if it works for you.

Reactions: X424
Thanks Jake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998