DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yuneec Tornado H920

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
Hey guys

As I was planning to get myself an Inspire 2 (with an X4S or X5S) I might change my mind...
I still want the Inspire 2 or the new M200 but I am so fat up with the service of DJI that I might look somewhere else.
I have had my MP sent to Holland and have the DHL delivery note. Since then.... it seems lost.
I have contacted the DJI Helpdesk chat but they say all the same thing. We come back in 24/48 hours.
Nobody has done that so far.
So, if I go spend thousands of Euro's on my big bird... this service might be the reason to change.
A friend of mine who works close to Rotterdam is checking at DJI Europe BV (there is no telephone number on record but they have 5 stars on customer service) to see what the status is.
If I have no satisfying answer from him, I think my relation with DJI ends there.
I'm considering also the Tornado H920 or something that can hold a GoPro Hero 5 so I can see for a Karma...
Bad but that's the way it is

Reactions: Fly4grub
Sorry for that, I waited 2 months for a new gimbal and camera (my fault) in dji service. It went from CZ to Germany and back. Due the chinese new year they did not have spare parts...

Sorry for that, I waited 2 months for a new gimbal and camera (my fault) in dji service. It went from CZ to Germany and back. Due the chinese new year they did not have spare parts...

It is already with DJI Europe. They just don't confirm that they actually have it in their custody.
I have my exam in two weeks and fly back to Nigeria at Easter. I fear the worst

You kind of lost me at GoPro...

The M200 is an almost $10k commercial drone. The H920 is a commercial drone. The Inspire 2 is a wannabe commercial drone that's still very expensive and the X5 is a very costly prosumer camera... but then you conclude your post saying you just need something to lift a GoPro.

Why not just get a Typhoon 4K if you're fed up with DJI and only need GoPro image quality?

Last year I thought I'd try a Typhoon H having had a P1, P2 and a P3Pro and figured a change was as good as a rest. Bu I year on I wouldn't suggest changing to Yuneec. Sure with Yuneec you get a lot for your money, the Typhoon H is a beast but compared with the P3Pro it was like flying a P2 with an old FPV setup. It even has an arrow pointing to your location on the screen so very similar.

Customer service might be the decider, but my Typhoon H went in once, and I am about to send my third controller back for replacement. First time the screen had a problem in sunlight, the replacement had screws missing so the left stick fell inside the controller, the third one now as a problem with the left stick. When it was in for a service I heard nothing for 2 weeks and when I chased I was told they hadn't touched it yet, they were just waiting for a firmware to be released.

I also have two dumb batteries, I say dumb as they're not smart batteries like DJI. One of the two can only fly for 9 minutes, the other lasts about 16 minutes.

With Yuneec you are supporting the underdog, which I like, and the customer service is OK as you speak with an individual, but they're not that quick to repair it. Flying a Yuneec is nice, but it feels like flying a DJI from 2 years back. No map (certainly on the Typhoon H), basic flight modes but they do exist such as orbit, journey, basic waypoints.

I flew my P3Pro more than I did the Typhoon H, and now I have the Mavic the Typhoon H has had one outing in 4 months.

You might be unhappy with DJI right now, but the grass is not always greener.

I'm very aware of that. But I go home in two weeks, then two weeks vacation and back to Africa. And I'm really doubt to have my Mavic back. The GoPro was because I'm thinking of a Karma. But like the Yuneec H520, the Karma is not yet available.

Update... My dealer told me he has a Mavic Pro Fly More pack from somebody that doesn't come to pick it up. Is there a thread with "do I need a second Mavic"???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143