DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zooming Effects with Mavic 2 Pro

Rafiky

Reactions
I’ve been debating between the M2P and the M2Z. I read an article about the Pro being able to deliver the same zooming effects as the M2Z. It mentions that post-production is required, but does not go into any specifics. Can anyone provide any references?

To be honest, using the MP2 in HQ mode has some great clarity with a good distance change from Full FOV. It’s not zoom but it acts like it from the sky. This doesn’t help with photos. Otherwise, there is no post production you can do to zoom in.

No but you can change camera setting to get an effective zoomed in perspective. But not zooming like you can do on a zoom lens with a DSLR.

I’ve been debating between the M2P and the M2Z. I read an article about the Pro being able to deliver the same zooming effects as the M2Z. It mentions that post-production is required, but does not go into any specifics. Can anyone provide any references?

This is just basic videography/photography technique I’m sure you are fully aware of and are likely just over thinking it. By cropping an image or video and then rescaling it you are effectively “zooming in” by making the remaining portion of the video larger.

No “zoom”
“Zoom”67527

If you shoot in 4K but use a 1080p timeline then you can crop(“zoom”) up to 4x equivalent without losing any detail what so ever.

The Mavic 2 Zoom has an optical zoom which all things equal is better then cropping like I did in the above images. However, all things are NOT equal comparing the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom. The sensor on the Mavic 2 Pro is so much larger than the Mavic 2 Zoom that cropping the image down to “zoom” in to the point where the Mavic 2 zoom can optically zoom in, actually still leaves a more detailed image from the Mavic 2 Pro.

The only advantage to the Mavic 2 Zoom is it can use the optical Zoom to do things like dolly zoom or other camera tricks involving the distortion that comes with an optical zoom lens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cymruflyer
Just a reminder, I fly everyday my mavic 2 Pro and phantom 4pro, all shooting in 4K, before you get the Mavic 2 Pro, read about the line skipping, Mavic does a great smooth job videoing , but in certain conditions, I use phantom 4pro when i do not have full sun, when it’s very sunny the Mavic does better, cloudy days phantom does better, colors look better with Mavic, depends what you shoot, I have 5 acres so I’m always do landscape shooting, overall Mavic looks better when you have got the full sun ,even better when shooting in the city’s with buildings, cars ext..., but phantom has better details if you like very sharp resolution, but colors are not as good, it’s a toss up for me, if I could have a chance to go back when I purchased the Mavic I would not buy it now I know about line skipping, when you are in photo mode and switch to video you can see the sensor kick back just a tad, phantom does not ,all looks the same, not only that you can video and still take pictures while you’re videoing and not switch between the two with the Bantam that’s a major plus for me I’ll like videoing and be able to take a shot of something while I’m still videoing, i’ll wrap it up with this the Mavic is built a lot better as far as the material the Bantam has a cheap frame that I’ve replaced twice I’ve still got my birth Mavic no problems over two years old Mastel I can’t wait till they come out with the Mavic three and I hope they use the pool 18 sensor and you can video and take pictures the same time and mainly they do not line skip or make this sensor notch back a little bit when you’re videoing most people can’t tail seminar videos look better with the Mavic some videos look better with the Phantom they’re definitely different this was just my Opinion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lobodevich