Castle in Rytro, located on a high hill (463 m) on the right bank of the Poprad river.
It was probably built at the turn of the 13th and 14th century.
Some 19th-century authors suggested that the oldest part of the building, the stone tower, may date back to the 12th century.
The foundation of the Cistercian monasteries was carried out in remote places, far from the madding crowd and in places that invite meditation and prayer.
All this is reflected in the Bonaval Monastery, today in a state of ruin, located in the leafy valley of the Jarama River, at the entrance to...
The castle itself was built in the second half of the 14th century at the initiative of the Vilémovo monastery. It is also possible to have him put up with one of the later lien holders. The first written mention of the castle dates back to 1405, when it was owned by Jesek of...