DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

180 photo - Weird behaviour

laurent45

Reactions
Hi All
On my last 2 flights, I noticed that when I used the 180-photo shot, after a few photos, the Fly app displayed a message "Aircraft not connected" (the Mini 2 being 500 meters away or less).
The 1st time I was a bit stressed... but I found out that switching the RC on-off allowed to get the connection back.
In the following flight, I had the same issue and the same solution fixed the problem.
But on the SD card, I could see that all photos have been taken.
What is weird is that :
- I have never had before this issue. I am using the same DJI Fly app version (1.4.8,.... afraid of upgrading seeing all feedbacks in forums) for more than 6 months. I am also using the same Andoid smartphone.
- I do not have this issue with the "wide angle" photoshoot

Did some of you encounter this issue also. I am afraid that this issue is hiding another issue.

Thanks in advance

No problems here. I'm using the latest version of the Fly app. No issues with the updates whatsoever. I think app updates often get blamed for other issues, including pilot errors and misunderstanding of the app controls.

Hi, I bought the mini 2 on the 5th Jan this year, after several 100% issue free flights, after the fly app updated to 1.5.9 on iOS I experienced strange issues only when in 360 pano mode, first 2 shots fine then as soon as the camera was 90deg down I got downward vision sensor error and a 13sec disconnect, RTH kicked in which I cancelled as the mini 2 was right in front of me, tried again and exact same issue. Rebooted every thing move A few hundred yards and tried again same issue. As the drone was so new I exchanged it due to the downward vision sensor msg.

Now what MAY have caused the issue was I found it strange my mini had a higher firmware ver than available to everybody else, flight assistant shown that ver ending in 0000 was available (mine was. 0009) so I downgraded then the mini said current, everything else flew as intended until I tried the pano, not sure if it was the firmware the new app ver or a downward vision system fault.

unable to test the replacement mini 2 yet due to high winds and rain.

Hi, I bought the mini 2 on the 5th Jan this year, after several 100% issue free flights, after the fly app updated to 1.5.9 on iOS I experienced strange issues only when in 360 pano mode, first 2 shots fine then as soon as the camera was 90deg down I got downward vision sensor error and a 13sec disconnect, RTH kicked in which I cancelled as the mini 2 was right in front of me, tried again and exact same issue. Rebooted every thing move A few hundred yards and tried again same issue. As the drone was so new I exchanged it due to the downward vision sensor msg.

Now what MAY have caused the issue was I found it strange my mini had a higher firmware ver than available to everybody else, flight assistant shown that ver ending in 0000 was available (mine was. 0009) so I downgraded then the mini said current, everything else flew as intended until I tried the pano, not sure if it was the firmware the new app ver or a downward vision system fault.

unable to test the replacement mini 2 yet due to high winds and rain.
Try it inside, in your living room. It will just land in place if RTH kicks in. You'll also then have a nice 360° pano of your living room!

Try it inside, in your living room. It will just land in place if RTH kicks in. You'll also then have a nice 360° pano of your living room!
I did that recently testing Litchi's pano feature. One of the shots is of my balding head looking down at the screen. Which begs the question, "does losing VLOS indoors violate any rules?". Doubt it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I did that recently testing Litchi's pano feature. One of the shots is of my balding head looking down at the screen. Which begs the question, "does losing VLOS indoors violate any rules?". Doubt it.
How does the Litchi pano feature differ from the DJI Fly version? Any more flexibility, or change in speed?

Hi all
Thanks for all your feedback
I recently flew my MM2 again, close to myself,... and redo a 180° pano, and that time no issue, all 3 modes (wide andle, 180° pano, 360° bird eye) were working fine. So it seems like a random error (this frozen grey screen),.... strange,... but at least if it happens, I know that I have just to restart the RC. For the time being, I will stay in 1.4.8 version, as I do not need the new features yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne