Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Things I learned from these forums

Torcan

Permanent Newbie, always learning
Premium Pilot
Reactions
There are two things that I learned from these forums

1) When in doubt while flying, don't panic, just let go of the joysticks until you have gotten your bearings in a calm way.
2) RTH is your friend

There are many more, but these two really stick out in my mind.

Last edited:
If you think the wind is going to be a problem, launch into the wind and return with a tail wind so RTH doesn't use all of your battery juice. If you have a problematic headwind coming back, keep as low as you can, jink, and plan an emergency landing in an "ideal" location with enough juice to keep broadcasting.

I read somewhere that after setting home point you should ascend 30+ ft before moving from that location. Does this really do anything?

Since RTH is based on homepoint, what happens when it hits your altitude max? Can you go higher with stick input?

I fly in the Rockies.

So far the Ravens and I are buds. Unlike this owl.

ATTACH=full]64062[/ATTACH]
f1b7a2872addd1e45190dfe2b2ad84b0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: charliesRig
1. Read and understand the manuals before you fly, at least don’t exit beginner mode.
2. Practice using all modes, buttons, etc and learn how to verify it’s safe to fly during startup.

So I've only been a member for a short time but heres my two cents...

1: Don't use intelligent flight modes with any obstacles near by... Even if they aren't in your intended flight path. Those trees that you "won't go anywhere near" will eventually be very close!
2: Generally speaking, the Magic Pro is fairly simple to repair a broken arm if you are careful and take your time. If you run into issues....ship it to @Thunderdrones!

If you think the wind is going to be a problem, launch into the wind and return with a tail wind so RTH doesn't use all of your battery juice. If you have a problematic headwind coming back, keep as low as you can, jink, and plan an emergency landing in an "ideal" location with enough juice to keep broadcasting.
If flying into a headwind on a RTH and worried about the battery, go as low as you can and go into sport mode and fly as fast as the drone will go. You lose less battery per mile when flying fast vs slow in my experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan