DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2019-01-31 Yerba Buena Road

DarthSLR

Reactions
The last day of January was unusually rainy in the typically Sunny Socal, but the rain stopped after lunch.
As I was driving home I could not stop admiring some nice clouds over the Santa Monica mountains.
I called my wife to tell her I'll be an hour later than normal and took off onto the winding Hwy 23 South.
I stopped at the highest point of the Yerba Buena Road a flew off a couple of batteries.
If you followed my previous posts, this is a couple mile prior to my previous RTH point near Mishe Mokwa trailhead, with a view to a different valley.

One obvious point of interest was the radar station at the end of the S. Bardman Ave.
I was admiring the facilities for many years but never had a chance to get close. This time I got to get *really* close :)
The station was about two miles away, but with no obstruction in between, the connection was perfect. And I was able to use the Sport mode on the way back, which made the return fast.

Below is some content I was able to shoot with my Mavic 2 Pro (which I happened to have in the car with me).

PANO%201-5K.jpg

DJI_0003-5K.jpg

DJI_0009-X4.jpg

PANO%202-5K.jpg

DJI_0022-X4.jpg

VPano%203-X4.jpg

DJI_0033-X4.jpg

DJI_0040-5K.jpg

VPano%204-X4.jpg

DJI_0046-X4.jpg

A couple of shots of the road itself. If you squint hard enough, you can see my car, and maybe even yours truly next to it

DJI_0059-4K.jpg

VPano%206-X4.jpg

YouTube Video

compilation of vids and pics
Made with original Windows Movie Maker 2012

Smugmug Gallery

All the pics, good, bad and ugly

2019-01-31 Yerba Buena Road - Nikolai Sklobovsky

Spectacular stills. The first rule of photography is to bring a camera, and you were ready to take advantage of that gift. Great eye for composition.

Reactions: DarthSLR
I love flying in that area. I was looking to get out around the same time, but on the north side of the mountains but my wife had other plans for me. Great footage.
Thanks!
The road I drove collapsed yesterday. I was tempted to go that day, too, but decided not to. Some other poor chap and his car went into that sinkhole... :(

Spectacular stills. The first rule of photography is to bring a camera, and you were ready to take advantage of that gift. Great eye for composition.
Thank you! There is a saying: "the best camera in the world is the one you have on you" :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet