DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 3 bridges over the River Findhorn at Tomatin...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
We were staying only 5 miles from here - down a single track road in the wilds, and on a deer park - so it was too much temptation not to try and film these bridges..

Looking at the footage I can see I could have gotten closer to the bridges on another road, which would have allowed for more varied footage while maintaining Visual Line of Sight - VLOS - which I was operating at the limit of from the take off location at the first bridge... Ah well, we live and learn, and I know what I can do next time to get a better set of footage...

Still, it is relaxing and interesting, especially the Cows fording the river....

Again, well done. I guess by now you realise you're spoiled for choice for filming with a drone in Scotland. 'Haste ye back'.
Yes, Scotland is heaven, drone flying, photography, nature, great people, good food and whisky to boot! One day I shall live there, probably not until we retire though...

I took retirement at age 57. Now 74, I aim to get my money's worth. Still pay 3 grand per year in tax though!
55 now, another 18 months and the mortgage will be paid, then we can start saving for the house move at retirement to Scotland, I recn another 10 years and we should be able to do it and have a good nest egg, dont needa big house, 3 beds would be plenty, but do need 2 workshops and a studio room plus enough land to grow our own fruit n veg and keep bees again... I am aiming for 90+ before popping my clogs, got a decent whisky collection to drink first, and I dont want to leave it to my daughter, she wouldnt appreciate it... ;)

Nice video - smooth and relaxing. The cows fording the river were something I had never seen. Spent a week in Oxford a couple of years ago and learned that it was initially a shallow spot in the river where the oxen could ford the river. Hence the name...

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Nice video - smooth and relaxing. The cows fording the river were something I had never seen. Spent a week in Oxford a couple of years ago and learned that it was initially a shallow spot in the river where the oxen could ford the river. Hence the name...
Thanks Jim.... Hmm, I didn't know that, my HO is in Oxford, I shall have to share that info with some of the team when I am there next week :)

Nasty, sneaky, devious wires! Dead ahead, right after your bridge fly-under.
Lovely flying weather you had. It's snowing here this morning in SE British Columbia.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Nasty, sneaky, devious wires! Dead ahead, right after your bridge fly-under.
Lovely flying weather you had. It's snowing here this morning in SE British Columbia.
Yup, I saw them, I climbed before I reached them, but cut that from the footage as it felt wrong tbh...

Reactions: Lister
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser