DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D mapping software for the dual?

ThatGuy

Reactions
Hi all, is there any software I can use to make 3d images of buildings and land using the dual?

Thanks

Are you using iOS or Android with DJI Pilot? DJI Pilot (The software you're using) has a decent setup for obtaining overlapping images for photogrammetry but last I heard it is not availble on iOS. There are plenty of instructional videos available including :

I have used it many times with Drone Deploy and Pix4D and the results for the 2D ortho are pretty decent, but the 3D model is lacking even with very low GSD and high overlap of images.

Are you using iOS, Android or Smart Controller?

Reactions: ThatGuy
Are you using iOS or Android with DJI Pilot? DJI Pilot (The software you're using) has a decent setup for obtaining overlapping images for photogrammetry but last I heard it is not availble on iOS. There are plenty of instructional videos available including :

I have used it many times with Drone Deploy and Pix4D and the results for the 2D ortho are pretty decent, but the 3D model is lacking even with very low GSD and high overlap of images.

Are you using iOS, Android or Smart Controller?
Thanks, I'm using the DJI smart controller.
I can't believe DJI sells an android based smart controller, but doesn't make GS pro software for it. So in order for me to use gs pro, pix4d or drone deploy, I will need to buy a new controller and an iPad. That's pretty infuriating.

So in order for me to use gs pro, pix4d or drone deploy, I will need to buy a new controller and an iPad. That's pretty infuriating.
But it's the way it's always been and would have been obvious with any searching.

Thanks, I'm using the DJI smart controller.
I can't believe DJI sells an android based smart controller, but doesn't make GS pro software for it. So in order for me to use gs pro, pix4d or drone deploy, I will need to buy a new controller and an iPad. That's pretty infuriating.

You don't like the Pilot Mission Planner? I have used it many times to map and model with.

This map and model was made with DJI Pilot Mission Planner with a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. Oblique and I used the 5 flight lines option. The model is lacking since the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is only 12 MP, and also DJI Pilot Mission Planner lacks the circular and up and down circular of GS Pro. But it does work great for the ortho photo (map).

But it's the way it's always been and would have been obvious with any searching.
I appreciate the helpful and informative post.
Any suggestions on a controller and apple product that will allow me to use pix4d, gs pro or dronedeploy?

You don't like the Pilot Mission Planner? I have used it many times to map and model with.

This map and model was made with DJI Pilot Mission Planner with a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. Oblique and I used the 5 flight lines option. The model is lacking since the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is only 12 MP, and also DJI Pilot Mission Planner lacks the circular and up and down circular of GS Pro. But it does work great for the ortho photo (map).
I was laid off back in March and I used my government cheese to purchase the drone and I plan on getting my part 107 license next month. I'm trying to find a use for the drone to make money. One of the things I want to try is 3d images of properties for use in high end real estate listings and possibly for large condo associations.

Reactions: mlgabriel
I appreciate the helpful and informative post.
Any suggestions on a controller and apple product that will allow me to use pix4d, gs pro or dronedeploy?
These ebay ads suggest that the Enterprise Dual uses the same controller as the regular Mavic 2.

You could probably pick up a lightly used controller on Ebay etc from someone that's lost their aircraft.
For an appropriate Apple product, go for an iPad Mini 4 or 5.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy