DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D-printed Mini 3 Pro SD card tool

mroek

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I have designed a small tool to help inserting and removing the SD card on the Mini 3. It took some time figuring out a way to make this functional without being complicated to print or assemble, and I came up with a design that I think is quite nice. I am asking a small amount of money for the file, so if that is not allowed to post here, just let me know and I'll remove the post.

Here's a short video showing how the tool is used (and prepared before first use after printing):

File for print can be found here:

Very clever. 👍

Reactions: Rchawks
Slightly simpler. (but I do applaud your talent)
View attachment 148728

Yes, sure you can use lots of different tools for the job. Personally, I usually have a long enough nail on my thumb to use that. The 3D-printed tool is still a useful thing, and it will also make sure that the card can't shoot out of the slot and possibly get lost (I've seen people mentioning that happening to them).

Reactions: Jam0ne and Starz
I have designed a small tool to help inserting and removing the SD card on the Mini 3. It took some time figuring out a way to make this functional without being complicated to print or assemble, and I came up with a design that I think is quite nice. I am asking a small amount of money for the file, so if that is not allowed to post here, just let me know and I'll remove the post.

Here's a short video showing how the tool is used (and prepared before first use after printing):

File for print can be found here:
While that is cool and does help, I need something that will grab the card and assist in removing it from the slot.
Slightly simpler. (but I do applaud your talent)
View attachment 148728
Simple is usually better, but since I am accustomed to spending my money on drone accessories, it just doesn't feel "techy" enough. 😜

Reactions: Starz
While that is cool and does help, I need something that will grab the card and assist in removing it from the slot.

Simple is usually better, but since I am accustomed to spending my money on drone accessories, it just doesn't feel "techy" enough. 😜

At some point you will have to use your fingers to handle the card, so I'm not sure I understand the issue. On my drone (as can be seen on the video), the card sticks out a fair bit when released, so grabbing it with my fingers is easy. The main problem is to actually release it (and lock it), which this tool (and other tools) can assist with.

Even if the tool could also grab the card, you'd have to grab it from the tool itself afterwards. If it sticks out further from the tool than the drone, then of course it would be easier, but I'm not sure if the gains would be worth making a much more complicated tool.

Yes, sure you can use lots of different tools for the job. Personally, I usually have a long enough nail on my thumb to use that. The 3D-printed tool is still a useful thing, and it will also make sure that the card can't shoot out of the slot and possibly get lost (I've seen people mentioning that happening to them).
Never had a problem with the SD card "shooting out". I have, however, used a pair of tweezers to grab it.

Nice idea but i dont have a problem there with it on the drone itself, however the real problem is on the rc remote, because the flap doest lift completely out of the way there it is a struggle to get that little sd card in and out.

One thing I think is very helpful it that at least SansDisk is (and my Samsung Galaxy S7 came with a Samsung brand SD card as well) that they put a little raised lip on the end of the SD card that comes out first, to give you something to hang on to. Even with freshly cut nails, I had just enough thumbnail to push the card home, and to grab it when I took it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User