DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3ft cable for mini 1

ptuner1

Reactions
I'm trying to find a cable about 3ft from remote to a Samsung s7 (micro mini) OTG. I have not been able to find it even using adaptors. Why is finding this cable so difficult?
thank you for any help or links to solutions.

Perhaps the OPPOSITE handing of something like
Right Angle 90 Degree Micro Male to USB 2.0 Female Extension Adapter 5055527534113 | eBay
and then a normal big USB male data cable, not the most elegant and MAKE SURE you get the handing of the right angle connector correct.
You could even get a splitter cable and connect a battery pack to the spare branch, it takes over the charging the phone thing if that is an issue for you.
this cable adapter you linked to is not On The Go. My understanding of this is that only OTG cables will work with the DJI Mini controller. I'm I wrong. ?
thank you for your reply, this is so confusing.

this cable adapter you linked to is not On The Go. My understanding of this is that only OTG cables will work with the DJI Mini controller. I'm I wrong. ?
thank you for your reply, this is so confusing.
From the item's description
"
90 Degree Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter Cable for Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note.
  • Connect your peripheral devices like mice, keyboards and more to your portable electronics such as cell phones, eReaders, tablets, and laptops with this micro USB OTG (on-the-go) to USB 2.0 adapter."
As far as I am aware an OTG is required.
As I understand it, it relates to an internal connection between two pins of the microUSB plug at the controller end of the cable, this internal connection in the plug does not exist in non OTG cables.
The pity of it is I have yet to see a cable MARKED with "OTG" on the cable, that leaves us hoping that the seller has their facts correct.

I have used the opposite handed version of that style of cable quite successfully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm attempting to fly my Mini 1 VR style with a headset containing my Samsung S7. so I think I need a OTG cable connecting micro USB (my phone) to a Type C connector (the mini controller) AND have it at least 3ft long.
I just cannot find this OTG cable or adaptors for it.
thank you for any and all suggestions.

Well the problem as I see it is that you are not using a Mavic Mini controller.
If the controller has a USB C connection then your using a Mini 2 controller to fly your Mavic Mini. Which can't happen! WIFI vs OcuSync.

Follow up question.....
Is your RC controller Black or Gray?
If it is Black then it is a Mavic Mini which the cable I linked to will work.
The "female" connector in the RC is not USB C, but a rectangle connector which accepts a Micro USB male with the narrow/smooth side up, (facing the front of the RC).

Follow up question.....
Is your RC controller Black or Gray?
If it is Black then it is a Mavic Mini which the cable I linked to will work.
The "female" connector in the RC is not USB C, but a rectangle connector which accepts a Micro USB male with the narrow/smooth side up, (facing the front of the RC).
it is black. I ordered the cable from the link you provided. Please excuse all my ignorance with this Mini. I thank you for the help. I will reply on this post when I get it and try it.

No, but I have never looked because microUSB type B plugs work just fine.
They are what DJI supply for charging etc. and a microUSB OTG cable, such as the one in the link I posted, works just fine for connecting via a normal Big USB type a male to whatever to a screen device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian