DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4th of July

Tentoes

Reactions

Actually, the 4th at the lake was interrupted by a sudden downpour, so I spent the 6th doing some more shooting.

Actually, the 4th at the lake was interrupted by a sudden downpour, so I spent the 6th doing some more shooting.
What I liked- short and varied scenes, and interesting clips, nice action and following movements, music track, editing skills
What I would work on- (1) mostly under-exposed clips most of the time and easily fixed in post (2) trees and details in shadows blocked up and dark- need to open shadows in post (3) the action was too speeded up in post- - It was hard on my eyes,...I would take the speed down in post.

Nice video, but what the heck was that big guy doing at 1:06 in the water.

I have no idea! I caught him doing that and labeled the clip "whale." The two little girls seemed quite amused.

What I liked- short and varied scenes, and interesting clips, nice action and following movements, music track, editing skills
What I would work on- (1) mostly under-exposed clips most of the time and easily fixed in post (2) trees and details in shadows blocked up and dark- need to open shadows in post (3) the action was too speeded up in post- - It was hard on my eyes,...I would take the speed down in post.

Oh. I adjusted the curves a bit darker. Perhaps over adjusted.

They looked too bright and washed out on my screen so I darkened them. I think my screen just looks too bright 'cause a great video on TNL looked that way too.

I usually put 6 to 7 second clips, but felt insecure about my long shots, so I've been working on shortening them. Maybe over did.

They looked too bright and washed out on my screen so I darkened them. I think my screen just looks too bright 'cause a great video on TNL looked that way too.

I usually put 6 to 7 second clips, but felt insecure about my long shots, so I've been working on shortening them. Maybe over did.
Ok--Oklahoma!!! It is already 10:15 PM here in Miami near my bedtime, but I'll give you a few moments. I took a scene from your 4th July film, did a screen capture and edited it in Photoshop. Here it is side by side with original untouched screen shot. I opened the shadows, darkened the skies, brought out the clouds, increased contrast, etc. The first is the edited image, the 2nd is the original.

Going to bed now,

Dale

Attachments

• Photoshop of scene.jpg
    Photoshop of scene.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen-shot- no editing done.jpg
    Screen-shot- no editing done.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Ok--Oklahoma!!! It is already 10:15 PM here in Miami near my bedtime, but I'll give you a few moments. I took a scene from your 4th July film, did a screen capture and edited it in Photoshop. Here it is side by side with original untouched screen shot. I opened the shadows, dared the skies, brought out the clouds, increased contrast, etc. The first is the edited image, the 2nd is the original.

Going to bed now,

Dale

Beautiful. Thank you. I have DaVinci Resolve and I'm just beginning to learn how to use it.

Beautiful. Thank you. I have DaVinci Resolve and I'm just beginning to learn how to use it.
I have never even seen Dav Vinci in action but I am almost sure there is a place for color correction. Look for the sliders that have to do with brightness, saturation, shadows, etc. Try every slider to your liking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest