DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5D button fell off from the brand new Smart Controller

The use videos from DJI for the controller show a little foam donut that comes with the controller that you are supposed to put over the 5D button anytime it goes in a bag. Sounds like they know it is fragile.
I bought my MPP new I did not get a little foam donut. Bad thing about RC it is not covered under the refresh program.

I bought this in red for my new RC, my reason for red is easy to see when I am packing up and my RC front really looks weird when I don’t have it on packing or unpacking. Red for me translates to caution.
Fstop Labs Accessories for DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum/Alpine White - Transport Clip Controller Transmitter Joystick Protector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XG6JSZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_LSRBCb7NZXTQ8

Reactions: thetxlandman
my 5d button also popped off in the fly more bag for my smart controller... I've been just 'dealing with it' ... what's the best way to contact their support to coordinate a replacement?

So I just received the new controller. Took it out of package. First thing I tried is to try it in my fly more shoulder bag. Well, it did get in, but when I took it out, guess what, the 5D button is missing! Feeling astonished, I finally found it in the bag, and was able to insert the thing back into the hole, but is it working? I don't bother to try. Called support, and was told it is normal and it is user detachable. Really? That's not the case with the 5D button on my original controller that came with Mavic 2 Pro. And as I turn it around easily, pull it out again easily, how it stay connected? I went online and chat with another support and was told to send it back.
View attachment 60382

What do you think? Do you think it is normal?

Better check your own when you receive yours.

Thanks all!
Hennry

So I just received the new controller. Took it out of package. First thing I tried is to try it in my fly more shoulder bag. Well, it did get in, but when I took it out, guess what, the 5D button is missing!

What do you think? Do you think it is normal?

Better check your own when you receive yours.

Thanks all!
Hennry

Weird,

Where were you trying to put your SC in the flymore bag? Mine stays in the Flymore bag all the time. I only take it out to charge or fly. Batteries on the side, filters in the front. I put the Mavic and the SC in the inside pockets. No problems.

I use the Pgytech screen/stick protector which also protects the 5-d button. And it fits in the flymore case.

After contacting DJI they told me to just push the button back in the hole. Been flying without it for over a year now.

I received the shipping label for sending the defective smart controller back. But when I check the item description, it says "DJI Mavic 2 Pro Remote" with value of US$379, instead of $650. I remember I explained it clearly it was Smart Controller not the original controller. Is it a mistake? or it doesn't matter? I can't reach DJI support now to verify this, as it's weekend. I need the new controller for my trip in ten days, looks like I won't be able to receive the replacement in time. Feeling very frustrated with DJI quality control and DJI support!
If you can afford it, purchase another smart controller on amazon and use it for your vacation. you have 30 days to return it and amazon refunds come very fast. At least youll be covered for your vacation. If you order now you should have it within a few days.

Mavic Pro Remote Controller 5D Knob Solution -
A friend gave me his Mavic Pro, and it was missing the 5D knob. After a miserable attempt to buy one on ebay, I decided to go to my local hobby store. I found a product called Plastruct Square Tube Part# 90621. 1/8" X 3.2mm. There are 7 pieces 15" long in the bag. Even if I loose this once in a while, at 5/16" long, I figure I can continue to make 336 more - all for $7.49!! I might even glue a small shirt-collar button on the end!!
I thought I was going to have to use Locktite, but it fits so perfectly, I can pick up the remote by it!

IMG_4230.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc