DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.900 Range issues?

I'm on .900 and have gone out over 21,000 feet and back on stock Mavic. However that run was the exception as similar runs along roughly the same route have yielded 14,000 to 17,000 feet . So mileage does indeed vary even at same location.
Wow that's some seriously good distance [emoji2]

I'm on .900 and have gone out over 21,000 feet and back on stock Mavic. However that run was the exception as similar runs along roughly the same route have yielded 14,000 to 17,000 feet . So mileage does indeed vary even at same location.

Quick question about that. I am having trouble even getting to around 5000 feet. I’ve only done about 3 flights so far since I am a new Mavic owner. But I am concerned there may be a problem with the transmitter or antennas or something. They are relatively noisy areas but I try to get as remote as possible with a good open area around me so the signal doesn’t get trapped. Mostly over tree but there are some neighborhoods around so I imagine there are WiFi signals around. Do you thInk it’s just due to interference (the app shows good signal quality and I don’t get any warnings) or should I return it? I bought it refurbished from DJI so I do have a one year warranty but I don’t want to go through that process if it’s just me doing something wrong.

You need to get more flights under your belt and really learn how to aim
and your really not that far from me so just take a ride in the country and find a hill to fly from where there is no noise if distance is what your seeking .
If your going out now even tree's in the distance are going to cut you short
the farther you go out .

Reactions: ksmusa
You need to get more flights under your belt and really learn how to aim
and your really not that far from me so just take a ride in the country and find a hill to fly from where there is no noise if distance is what your seeking .
If your going out now even tree's in the distance are going to cut you short
the farther you go out .

Awesome thanks for the reply. I did what you recommended and just got 15,800! I really just wanted to be able to confirm it was possible for me at least once. If not for any other reason than to just make sure I didn't have a faulty bird. Probably won't fly that far again unless I've traveled somewhere with an amazing landscape that begs to be captured at full range. At any rate thanks again!

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy