DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 A Couple Day's Of Pics I Am Proud Of.

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I love The Air 2 and my back yard...

Attachments

• Photo_6619180_DJI_44_pano_10037896_0_202117173030_photo_original-01.jpeg
    8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210106_162643_132-01-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210106_162643_132-01-01.jpeg
    514.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Photo_6619165_DJI_29_jpg_2935714_0_202117171744_photo_original-01.jpeg
    Photo_6619165_DJI_29_jpg_2935714_0_202117171744_photo_original-01.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
I love The Air 2 and my back yard...
They are all nice images. I am sure you are proud of these but I think the first image is over-processed. There is too much sharpening, making it look sort of cartoonish. I would dial back the sharpening, as well as some of the dehaze, vibrance, etc. because there is a lot of noise in the image, especially the clouds. In the other two, I would have lightened the foreground with a gradient filter for some details in the shadows.

Dale
Miami

Last edited:
Reactions: VenomXts
They are all nice images. I am sure you are proud of these but I think the first image is over-processed. There is too much sharpening, making it look sort of cartoonish. I would dial back the sharpening, as well as some of the dehire, vibrance, etc. because there is a lot of noise in the image, especially the clouds. In the other two, I would have lightened the foreground with a gradient filter for some details in the shadows.

Dale
Miami
I would agree I over processed a little but those clouds in general looked cartoonish in real life lol. Here is original not processed.

Attachments

• Photo_6619175_DJI_39_pano_10206235_0_202117172818_photo_original.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 18
I would agree I over processed a little but those clouds in general looked cartoonish in real life lol. Here is original not processed.
So I decided to play around with your shot and came up with this.
I used a gradient filter twice- for the sky-darkened the clouds, more structure to the clouds; fore the foreground, I opened the shadows. I burned in the city in the horizon. You can click on full image for better study. I am submitting in small image to have them close together for overall comparison. I also reduced the noise overall. Everything done in Photoshop CC 2021. In my opinion, either shot is good. Just adding my particular taste.

I find that for these common drone views with high dynamic range, the sky overpowers the sensor and under-exposes the foreground. So I always have to go back and work on the foreground and sky, usually with a gradient filter.

Dale
Original shot.jpgRe-edited shot.jpg

So I decided to play around with your shot and came up with this.
I used a gradient filter twice- for the sky-darkened the clouds, more structure to the clouds; fore the foreground, I opened the shadows. I burned in the city in the horizon. You can click on full image for better study. I am submitting in small image to have them close together for overall comparison. I also reduced the noise overall. Everything done in Photoshop CC 2021. In my opinion, either shot is good. Just adding my particular taste.

I find that for these common drone views with high dynamic range, the sky overpowers the sensor and under-exposes the foreground. So I always have to go back and work on the foreground and sky, usually with a gradient filter.

Dale
View attachment 121233View attachment 121234
I really think it just comes down to preference i might dial back a little on my original edit but for the over all pictures even up on a big screen for this one i like it a bit more (probably biased). I will say my editing is limited since i use snap seed and just play with some basic settings and i have toned down how much HDR i use a lot in the last few months loView attachment Photo_6619180_DJI_44_pano_10037896_0_202117173030_photo_original-01.jpeg

I really think it just comes down to preference i might dial back a little on my original edit but for the over all pictures even up on a big screen for this one i like it a bit more (probably biased). I will say my editing is limited since i use snap seed and just play with some basic settings and i have toned down how much HDR i use a lot in the last few months loView attachment 121252
That image is actually much better!!! Very nice.

I have been a Photoshop student (a lifetime endeavor) for many years, and have tried very hard to keep up with the updates over the years. I've taken many courses, and purchased and studied many Photoshop DVD's, especially by Colin Smith of Photoshop Cafe. (www.photoshopcafe.com). If I could only fly a drone as well.....

That image is actually much better!!! Very nice.

I have been a Photoshop student (a lifetime endeavor) for many years, and have tried very hard to keep up with the updates over the years. I've taken many courses, and purchased and studied many Photoshop DVD's, especially by Colin Smith of Photoshop Cafe. (www.photoshopcafe.com). If I could only fly a drone as well.....
Dale, let me know if you would be interested In me sending a few more days of the same spot for you to play with.. your edits intrigue me and i enjoy your perspective.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel