DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few reveals .. Mavic 2 Zoom

Thank you sir.
Is there an adjustment that would smooth out when the gimbal comes to its complete upper or lower limit?

Enjoyed watching your video. The gimbal movement wasn’t even noticed as camera angle changed. Nice example of how to.

Reactions: hactick
That was certainly a very beautiful video, and no, I did not mind the gimbal movement at all. In fact, I thought it was quite effective in the reveal.

Reactions: hactick
Wow. You sir are one lucky man to have that for a backyard.
Couldn’t agree more. Just have to not mind a two hour trip to get to the grocery store or doctor ect..
Amazon will deliver just about anything else for free all the way out here.

Nice shot. With airtime you will eventually reach the point of full spherical (except over 30° up) Gimbel and aircraft coordination utilizing full spectrum of stick (both) inputs to capture amazing shots. Ie: forward flight decreasing in altitude with 1/2 yaw roll and manual gimbel tracking subject or moving subject with transition from forward to sideways to reverse while zooming in and out etc etc. Smooth yaw transitions for me took some practice and settings refinement (in p mode.) For practice....Doing a perfect manual orbit with two points in a figure 8 pattern while increasing and decreasing in altitude got my training wheels off. I rarely use tripod mode now because it's too slow for my preferred vid shots. Every crappy vid became a challenge to never do again. Happy flying. Post your successes. We enjoy them.

That's what I like to see, someone practicing cinematic moves. I'd suggest flying closer to the treetops. One thing I do for nearly every gimbal tilt is an elevation change. Increase elevation as you gimbal down and decrease elevation for gimbal up. It reduces the natural motion blur and makes for a more cinematic transition. I'm not sure why it works, but it just looks better.

Try a reveal straight up an interesting tree form to reveal the distant landscape.

Reactions: PAW and hactick
Nice shot. With airtime you will eventually reach the point of full spherical (except over 30° up) Gimbel and aircraft coordination utilizing full spectrum of stick (both) inputs to capture amazing shots. Ie: forward flight decreasing in altitude with 1/2 yaw roll and manual gimbel tracking subject or moving subject with transition from forward to sideways to reverse while zooming in and out etc etc. Smooth yaw transitions for me took some practice and settings refinement (in p mode.) For practice....Doing a perfect manual orbit with two points in a figure 8 pattern while increasing and decreasing in altitude got my training wheels off. I rarely use tripod mode now because it's too slow for my preferred vid shots. Every crappy vid became a challenge to never do again. Happy flying. Post your successes. We enjoy them.

Good tips. I'll have to practice that figure 8. You have an example of that?

The yaw is definitely the most difficult to master, particularly combined with elevation change, forward/backward movement and gimbal tilt. It's the most noticeable error in drone videos. I'm often practicing the slow sweep with increase in elevation and tilt down to maintain visual reference to horizon line.

Good tips. I'll have to practice that figure 8. You have an example of that?

The yaw is definitely the most difficult to master, particularly combined with elevation change, forward/backward movement and gimbal tilt. It's the most noticeable error in drone videos. I'm often practicing the slow sweep with increase in elevation and tilt down to maintain visual reference to horizon line.
Unfortunately I don't have figure 8 footage. I fly an average of 5 hours airtime per day and an average of 6 days a week. I too live in the country (Texas)...btw. I delete by necessity most of my footage every couple of days loading up my 128 sd card except the ones I share with friends and family ..... Then they get cleared. Sorry. Mastering the figure 8 and learning the speed limitations between drone and camera will have you in pro mode quickly shooting some of the coolest most bad *** vids with some of the coolest transitions you can imagine.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000