DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Few Stills of the Superstition Mountains

Thomas B

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I spent some time hiking around and getting outside the state park to get some video of the Superstition Mountains. Unfortunately still no sign of the Lost Dutchman Mine even from the air. There will be future trips to follow. but here's a few pics to show the rugged beauty I'm trying to capture. Editing about an hour of video now.Superstition Frame Capture jpeg.jpgDJI_0595 Superstitions copy.JPGDJI_0596 Superstitions copy.JPGDJI_0597 Superstitions copy.JPGDJI_0598 Superstitions copy.JPGDJI_0601 Superstitions copy.JPG

Great pics - up in Scottsdale and been out there but not with my M2P. I have family in Gilbert and thought about that area..
I’m editing about 3hours of video I took in the SanTans on the reservation end to the west. Unfortunately, you can’t access the north faces as I did now due to a manufacturing company lease. I asked a representative who was leaving the site. He called management and they said, “No. Don’t even enter the site.” So I left

I did try the South face of that end of the Santans, but had a visitor...See the vid cut below. Maybe i'll try there again, but the drive is long... anyway check out the vid. The fourth pass near the end was too close for comfort
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I spent some time hiking around and getting outside the state park to get some video of the Superstition Mountains. Unfortunately still no sign of the Lost Dutchman Mine even from the air. There will be future trips to follow. but here's a few pics to show the rugged beauty I'm trying to capture. Editing about an hour of video now.View attachment 83989View attachment 83984View attachment 83985View attachment 83986View attachment 83987View attachment 83988
real nice piccs

Reactions: Thomas B
Editing about an hour of video now.
Nice pix. Were you using the Freewell VNDs just for the upcoming video or were they on for the stills as well?

Thanks for sharing, some beautiful pictures. Been way to long since I was last out that way (was still shooting film then, and no flying cameras at that time.) I need to get back out there some time.

That bird was interested in your drone for sure. I ran into the same situation north of Lake Bartlett and actually had a bald eagle come to check it out. It was my 3rd flight so I landed and just watched the bird fly around - nothing was in the air when I took off but that guy circled and followed me down then went back up on thermals..

No footage of the eagle - was more interested in not disrupting it as I was near his home.. Was low enough that glancing at the M2P it was the right thing.to do and I had flown a couple batteries already with no interaction or issues with wildlife. No close calls like yours!

Great perspective and thanks for sharing! Enjoy seeing other pics/vids of the area!

I spent some time hiking around and getting outside the state park to get some video of the Superstition Mountains. Unfortunately still no sign of the Lost Dutchman Mine even from the air. There will be future trips to follow. but here's a few pics to show the rugged beauty I'm trying to capture. Editing about an hour of video now.View attachment 83989View attachment 83984View attachment 83985View attachment 83986View attachment 83987View attachment 83988
Yes very nice photos.Good luck with your hiking

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr0nk3rt