DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 A New Hampshire Stream in Autumn.

Well done, I thought a tree branch, or two, was going to reach out and get you

Reactions: ArthurC
You're a better man than I, Gunga Din!
You flew so close to the water and so close to those hanging un-leaved branches. Flying under a bridge over water takes a particular kind of guts or confidence in your skill. I don't think I would have the courage to fly that. Obviously with all the twists and turns I don't think you could have possibly had eyes on the drone once the whole flight unless you had some crazy good position. The flight was very smooth while contiuous. I liked the music for it as well.

So a few questions if you'll indulge me...

Did you use a RCN1 controller or one of the smart controller? If RCN1, what were you using for your viewing device? If Smart controller, which one?
I have to believe you had to be flying in Cine mode. So could you please share your speed/smoothness/EXP setttings?
What was the music you used and where did you find it? It was different and cool. Reminded me of geese, but played with musical instruments.

I'm jumping on the "river cruising" bandwagon with my own entry from the Cold Brook in Tamworth, New Hampshire. a few seconds of this appeared in my other foliage video, but this is the whole flight. Enjoy!

Good one.

You're a better man than I, Gunga Din!
You flew so close to the water and so close to those hanging un-leaved branches. Flying under a bridge over water takes a particular kind of guts or confidence in your skill. I don't think I would have the courage to fly that. Obviously with all the twists and turns I don't think you could have possibly had eyes on the drone once the whole flight unless you had some crazy good position. The flight was very smooth while contiuous. I liked the music for it as well.

So a few questions if you'll indulge me...

Did you use a RCN1 controller or one of the smart controller? If RCN1, what were you using for your viewing device? If Smart controller, which one?
I have to believe you had to be flying in Cine mode. So could you please share your speed/smoothness/EXP setttings?
What was the music you used and where did you find it? It was different and cool. Reminded me of geese, but played with musical instruments.
Thank you! that was indeed a stressful flight in the moment, but I'm glad I tried it.

I was using the RCN1 with a Ulefone Armor 7E, which has a relatively large screen for a phone.

Yes, I was flying in Cinesmooth mode for that one. Yaw rotation I had set a t 30 degrees, and smoothness was set at 21. I don't recall ever adjusting those, so it's possible those are default settings.

Exposure settings are not recorded, and I always adjust them on the fly, but I'm goin to guess the ISO was around 400-800, and Exposure time was 1/60. I always record in 4k60. I'm pretty sure I took my ND filter off for this shot, too.

The music is "A Fool's Theme" by Brian Bolger. I found it on Youtube's audio library, which is where I find most f my music.

Thanks for watching, and glad you liked it!

Thank you! that was indeed a stressful flight in the moment, but I'm glad I tried it.

I was using the RCN1 with a Ulefone Armor 7E, which has a relatively large screen for a phone.

Yes, I was flying in Cinesmooth mode for that one. Yaw rotation I had set a t 30 degrees, and smoothness was set at 21. I don't recall ever adjusting those, so it's possible those are default settings.

Exposure settings are not recorded, and I always adjust them on the fly, but I'm goin to guess the ISO was around 400-800, and Exposure time was 1/60. I always record in 4k60. I'm pretty sure I took my ND filter off for this shot, too.

The music is "A Fool's Theme" by Brian Bolger. I found it on Youtube's audio library, which is where I find most f my music.

Thanks for watching, and glad you liked it!
The flying was quite smoooth considering it was that slow with a RCN1. There was one big rock that I thought you were going to go around but you sort of went over it and I was certain the A2s was going to hit it. But it went over it clean, mercifully not where the peak was.

I was thinking that perhaps the ripple texture in the water helped the downward sensors. It always scares me to fly so close to the water. I presume that most of the flight your visual was strictly on your phone. I have to get better at knowing where my drone is in space based on the screen. Perhaps I should drag out my Mini 2 which already has a crack in the hull and practice flying through stuff... I guess you've inspired me.

Thanks for the reply..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1