DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A request of people with Mavic Mini batteries and a Mavic Mini/Mini 2 who use airdata.

Yorkshire_Pud

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Could you please,
1) charger a/the battery
2) put it in the drone and switch on, the drone, the controller and connect the phone and boot the app.
3) Check and perhaps record, with a screen capture App, the battery's charge count as seen in the App.
4) Fly the drone a bit, a few seconds should do.
5) Upload the flight log to airdata.
6) Check the batteries charge count as shown by airdata.

Is the charge count shown in the Fly App the same as the charge count shown in Airdata?

Thanks

The reason being, I am seeing differences between the counts shown in the app and the counts shown in airdata and I am not sure if something at my end is 'freaky'.

Explanation. It maybe a bit long winded so if you are not interested in the details you could skip the following.

I have a pilot's log book that works off the csv version of the each log, it summarises each flight into one line in a csv.
Amongst the data I collect is the battery serial number and charge count.
For the Phantom 3adv etc., the Mavic Mini (pre fly app ver 1.2.x, ( x might be 4?)) and the M2P/Z, it is fairly easy to create the csv's en-masse ( using TXTlogToCSVtool and the windows command line ) and, using a linux script, I can lift all the data I want straight from the resulting csv's and enter it in my Pilot's log book.

However, for the post 1.2.4? versions of the FLY app and the Mini2 the .txt flight logs can not be processed by TXTlogToCSVtool and, in order to get an appropriate csv, I have to be upload their logs to Phantomhelp's logviewer. I use the csv's from Phantomhelp asthe Airdata csv lacks a lot of the info I want.

Because post 1.2.4? Fly aop logs are encrypted I normally use pre 1.2 versions of the FLY App with the Mavic Mini.
Unfortunately those later-version-Fly-App csv's from Phantomhelp ( Mini2-logs and the odd Mavic Mini log flown using the 'wrong' phone ) do not contain values to the charge counts but I noticed that Airdata does show a 'charge count' in the "battery info" section of the "power" section.
So retropectively if I want to see/show/deduce the charge count for a 'later-version'-of-the-Fly-App-log to enter in my Pilot' log book I have been using the charge count shown in airdata. It's a bit of a tedious process and I am slowly working my way through the logs.

This query stems from the fact that I have just 'sorted' the entries in my pilot's log book by battery serial number and flight date-&-time. So the charge counts should increment but where a log has a charge count obtained from Airdata those charge counts are out of numerical sequence with the other logs and the Airdata charge counts seem to start from their own zero point, it looks like the Airdata count increments by 1 for every time airdata sees a 'fresh' charge on the battery.
e.g for battery usage of 1 battery sorted in chronological order I am seeing the charge count sequence in the attached screen capture.

Attachments

• charge counting .png
    charge counting .png
    37.2 KB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS