DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A simple Litchi Mission

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
Or at least I thought so. Yesterday I had planned on flying a simple, 2 Waypoint Mission.
When I started the Mission, I got the Mission Loading message followed by a message that said the Aircraft was to high to start the Mission. The 1st WP was 5 feet AGL. I hovered down to 1 foot and still got the same message. Any thoughts?

That gives me an opportunity to research. Not that I’ll hurry w/ coronavirus and maybe someone has answer already. Meantime, stay away from the marijuana fields! Sorry, couldn’t resist. The plus to CV19 is that I now have more time devoted to researching my purposed drone activities. (I’m one of those that is more at risk, so most of my flying is surfing drone articles on the laptop!). B happy to report if I find anything.

Your max altitude in DJI Go is set below the max altitude of your mission. In DJI Go, set it higher than the max altitude of your mission. Also check the settings in Litchi. I think they just recently (or I missed it) added the capability to do that in Litchi.

Also, after you change it, close DJI Go before you open Litchi. Make sure your bird and RC are on when you make the changes.
Because the drone always understands height as height above the home point.

All Litchi does is take the AGL input and converts that to a home point height for the waypoint. You can see in your picture at waypoint 13 that you have inputted an AgL height of 30m but in parenthesis it shows the height it is telling the drone for the home point which is 152.6m above the home point.

So therefore that homepoint would have violated the 120m height limit you had programmed into the drone and the drone didn’t accept the mission.

Simply the aircraft doesn’t understand above ground height it only understands above homepoint height.

Your max altitude in DJI Go is set below the max altitude of your mission. In DJI Go, set it higher than the max altitude of your mission. Also check the settings in Litchi. I think they just recently (or I missed it) added the capability to do that in Litchi.

Also, after you change it, close DJI Go before you open Litchi. Make sure your bird and RC are on when you make the changes.
Because the drone always understands height as height above the home point.

All Litchi does is take the AGL input and converts that to a home point height for the waypoint. You can see in your picture at waypoint 13 that you have inputted an AgL height of 30m but in parenthesis it shows the height it is telling the drone for the home point which is 152.6m above the home point.

So therefore that homepoint would have violated the 120m height limit you had programmed into the drone and the drone didn’t accept the mission.

Simply the aircraft doesn’t understand above ground height it only understands above homepoint height.
Thank you for your reply. I'll analyze your answer but the first thing that hit me was if I am on a Litchi Mission, why would I ever even start DJI Go 4? I go out of my way to make sure that if I am going to run Litchi that DJI Go 4 is totally removed from the memory of my device and If I were running DJI Go 4 I would make sure that Litchi was removed from memory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.