DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A small test video about flying in forest.

Do you fly in a big circle or straight line. If straight line how far and and how do you get back ? Up and over.

My drone and I hang together like clay and long straw, where the drone is I am within a radius of 3 - 30 meters.

When it's time to change the battery, I usually land the drone in my hand, or if a suitable stone or stump is found.

Starts the same way.
Sensors set according to one of my carefully tested designs and just as the startup procedure, here I think part of the success lies.

I walk about 4 - 5 km at the same time as I fly my 4 battery.

I haven't seen a film like that before. It is probably soothing for onlookers with the calming music, but as a fellow pilot left me on edge at some points, because I would probably have got stuck and I was willing it through.
i like the different viewpoint.

Reactions: TTP
I like it. A nice display of flying skills in close quarters. Kinda soothing, that is if you don't think of the fact you are flying a drone rather than walking through the forest! ?

My only negative thought is that the entire video could have been shot with a hand-held camera of some sort as you walked through the forest. It doesn't really highlight the advantages of using a drone at all, i.e. the ability to fly up out of arms reach and take a view from a higher vantage point. The smoothness of a flying platform is nice, but they make handheld gimbals to achieve the same smooth effect in a handheld. And then you could 'push through' some of the light brush and get an even more 3D effect. Maybe once in a while you could fly up into the trees just a little to highlight the fact that the camera is not limited to staying close to the ground.

Reactions: TTP
I think the video got somehow compressed or youtube didnt render it well. 720p max for me.

Anyway very cool video with the leaves being blown by the drone,its so smooth.

Last edited:
I like it. A nice display of flying skills in close quarters. Kinda soothing, that is if you don't think of the fact you are flying a drone rather than walking through the forest! ?

My only negative thought is that the entire video could have been shot with a hand-held camera of some sort as you walked through the forest. It doesn't really highlight the advantages of using a drone at all, i.e. the ability to fly up out of arms reach and take a view from a higher vantage point. The smoothness of a flying platform is nice, but they make handheld gimbals to achieve the same smooth effect in a handheld. And then you could 'push through' some of the light brush and get an even more 3D effect. Maybe once in a while you could fly up into the trees just a little to highlight the fact that the camera is not limited to staying close to the ground.

Thank you for your friendly reviews on the video, that a handheld camera could do the movie job better is probably most likely. This is my first and probably the last video I post for public viewing, it was more like a means of getting a further discussion on us mavicpilots.

You will find that discussion here.

Photography has lost its luster for me,

I think the video got somehow compressed or youtube didnt render it well. 720p max for me.

Anyway very cool video with the leaves being blown by the drone,its so smooth.

Reducerad the filesize from 1.3GB to 130MB for postning in YouTube

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada