DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Spark Pilot's Take on Mavic Air 2

Tentoes

Reactions
I've flown 3 batteries now on my Mavic Air 2.

I'm not going into specifications, video quality, range and so on. Others have done better than I can on that.

Things I notice:

1. MA2 seems quieter, or at least less buzzy than the Spark. I think I hear the spark farther away.

2. Yaw control feels different. MA2 is LOTS smoother on yaw than the Spark. It took me a few tries to do a manual orbit with the MA2.

3. MA2 gimbal up/down control feels much smoother. Easier to move the gimbal slowly or make a fine adjustment.

4. The new app seems cleaner and less busy than GO 4. I've heard there are some things you can't do in it. Perhaps those will be addressed later. I've worked in software most of my life and sometimes you reach a point where you need to start from scratch. It can take a little while before the new app has everything the old did.

5. I can see it much farther away.

Oh. Sorry MOD. I did not realize there was a MA2 section.

I concur, its like getting a promotion from grunt to Captain in one shot! I fear my little Spark will gather dust for a while. However, as I can still use it for Litchi waypoints, it has a place in my toolbox. Once either DJI gives us that for the MA2 or releases the SDK and Litchi obliges, then not sure of Spark's fate thereafter. I'm happy for you Tentoes!

hey oklahoma don,t have to pick on spark he or she never made you readjust your camera to get good videos it does it good time after time and no hassle lol

I concur, its like getting a promotion from grunt to Captain in one shot! I fear my little Spark will gather dust for a while. However, as I can still use it for Litchi waypoints, it has a place in my toolbox. Once either DJI gives us that for the MA2 or releases the SDK and Litchi obliges, then not sure of Spark's fate thereafter. I'm happy for you Tentoes!

Fear not! Both have 3 charged batteries for today's adventure.

hey oklahoma don,t have to pick on spark he or she never made you readjust your camera to get good videos it does it good time after time and no hassle lol

Don't worry! My spark is named Phoebe for a friend's beautiful youngest daughter who is ALL BOY. NOBODY picks on Phoebe. Her big sister is Selah, so the MA2 is Selah.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada