DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A summary of DJI repair service (not DJI Refresh)

TDZHDTV

Reactions
So, I finally crashed my Mini into a telegraph pole..... in Sport Mode! Completely my error, distance, speed, prospective etc. So I snapped one of the front arms (not the one that suffers from propeller strike on the body), snapped one of the back arms, damaged the other back arm joint, damage to the top, mid and bottom shells.

AC powered up ok, gimbal seemed to track ok, could start the motors while supporting the wreck. As I didn’t have Care Refresh I looked into repairing myself as I was fairly confident I could rebuild, the only concern was was the gimbal ok?

I decided to contact DJI and bend their ear about my prop strikes, sent video footage showing some jello effect and evidence of propeller contact on the top shell. DJI advised I should return for inspection..... I explained I had a small complication ?

I was provided with a free return label to send from the UK to Netherlands and off it went.
Within a day of receipt I was presented with a repair bill.....

With a deep breath I opened the mail and was surprised to be estimated with £95, £25 of that was shipping costs, I was delighted but also disappointed to see no mention of the suspect propeller strike arm replacement.

I mailed DJI and challenged the apparent lack of acknowledgement regarding the propeller strike and was advised they were only able to assess the most recent incident, a little disappointed I paid the repair bill with the expectation of having to return the repaired Mini back to DJI due to ongoing prop strikes.

So I’ve just taken receipt of my New Mini! It’s a completely replaced unit, resulting in having to sync my controller. Activation of the AC also gave me the option to buy Care Refresh which I did this time!

I'm very happy with my outcome given my crash was pilot error, I’m waiting for the storm force winds here to calm down (yes it’s UK summer time) before I fly outside and see if this Mini suffers from propeller strike issues. So a big thumbs up for DJI.

Last edited:
Any one else wondering, for a second, why TDZHDTV had to 'fix' their controller?

Sounds like they did alright by you.

• Haha
Reactions: scro
I had a very similar experience. DJI has come a long way n customer service, it used to be their Achilles heel. I cannot believe how good their service has become. I also will get the dji refresh program this time around!.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
So, I finally crashed my Mini into a telegraph pole..... in Sport Mode! Completely my error, distance, speed, prospective etc. So I snapped one of the front arms (not the one that suffers from propeller strike on the body), snapped one of the back arms, damaged the other back arm joint, damage to the top, mid and bottom shells.

AC powered up ok, gimbal seemed to track ok, could start the motors while supporting the wreck. As I didn’t have Care Refresh I looked into repairing myself as I was fairly confident I could rebuild, the only concern was was the gimbal ok?

I decided to contact DJI and bend their ear about my prop strikes, sent video footage showing some jello effect and evidence of propeller contact on the top shell. DJI advised I should return for inspection..... I explained I had a small complication ?

I was provided with a free return label to send from the UK to Netherlands and off it went.

With a deep breath I opened the mail and was surprised to be estimated with £95, £25 of that was shipping costs, I was delighted but also disappointed to see no mention of the suspect propeller strike arm replacement.

I mailed DJI and challenged the apparent lack of acknowledgement regarding the propeller strike and was advised they were only able to assess the most recent incident, a little disappointed I paid the repair bill with the expectation of having to return the repaired Mini back to DJI due to ongoing prop strikes.

So I’ve just taken receipt of my New Mini! It’s a completely replaced unit, resulting in having to sync my controller. Activation of the AC also gave me the option to buy Care Refresh which I did this time!

I'm very happy with my outcome given my crash was pilot error, I’m waiting for the storm force winds here to calm down (yes it’s UK summer time) before I fly outside and see if this Mini suffers from propeller strike issues. So a big thumbs up for DJI.
How long did the process take end to end?

From the time I sent it in until the time I received it back...5 days. Really quite amazing. They don’t repair the drone, they just send you a new one. That is why you get another opportunity to purchase the care refresh plan.

That was a faster turn around than I've received but the same type of service. I don't really see a reason to attempt an iffy fix even if you're and expert and get a super bargain on parts.

That was a faster turn around than I've received but the same type of service. I don't really see a reason to attempt an iffy fix even if you're and expert and get a super bargain on parts.
I live in Southern California and the DJI repair shop is located just 100 miles north. I’m convinced that’s why the turnaround was so quick. I agree that a DIY job would likely be more expensive, and time consuming.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I live in Southern California and the DJI repair shop is located just 100 miles north. I’m convinced that’s why the turnaround was so quick. I agree that a DIY job would likely be more expensive, and time consuming.
Just an FYI. There's a authorized DJI repair shop in San Diego. Drones made easy , in the Morena District. Near Old Town. I used them for a gimble/camera replacement. Turnaround was 3 days.
AL

Just an FYI. There's a authorized DJI repair shop in San Diego. Drones made easy , in the Morena District. Near Old Town. I used them for a gimble/camera replacement. Turnaround was 3 days.
AL
I contacted them, they are not doing repairs until the lockdown is over. They were willing to sell me the parts I needed, but did not have them in stock. I was too impatient to wait for covid 19 to end, my drone has been down for 3 weeks.?

Reactions: CarlsbadAL
I contacted them, they are not doing repairs until the lockdown is over. They were willing to sell me the parts I needed, but did not have them in stock. I was too impatient to wait for covid 19 to end, my drone has been down for 3 weeks.?
Each part was just a few Euros, €50 labour, DJI are certainly not screwing its customers on repair costs.

Last edited:

Yes I crashed mine and had a similar fast replacement even though it was 10 months old. I was expecting a repair or a refurb so I was well pleased! Also in the UK and sent to NL. I got a progress report along the way and the whole thing was sorted 10 days After the crashed. Impressive!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000