DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A very odd outing with Litchi today

Brojon

Reactions
So I had a couple of very short missions to get a feel for rising altitude while maintaining a POI - a flyaway in reverse. I wanted to export the flight and view in Google Earth to see how the rise is accomplished with slope and trajectory changes.
Anyway - still kinda breezy due to Harvey but no more than 15 mph tops.
The mission started at the far end of a school yard and flew from about a 10 ft height with 4 waypoints each having an altitude change. Then it was to fly over and maintain POI make a bank to the south and return home.
Except when it got to the bank it made the south turn but was heading the wrong direction.
I mistakenly thought it was losing against the breeze until I realized it should have been flying orthogonality to the wind direction. What the heck... I put it in sport mode before it go too far and flew it back no issues. Landed. Restarted the controller in P mode and then the drone. Took off, flew about 60 feet and turned the drone to face me and tried to come back. It kept flying the original direction - facing "backwards".
I repeated this 3 times in all and every time the drone kept flying in the original direction of flight. It would rotate, yaw left and right just not fly back the direction it came from.
That's not all - twice I initiated a using the Litchi screen control and it changed to a red lock and refused to execute the RTH.
I've looked at the Airdata UAV data and it doesn't even show the mode changes to sport mode. The rudder control analysis shows a laggy rudder from the initial flight where I thought it was drifting but everything else looked ok - in the flights long enough to give it sufficient data.
Anyone else have weird stuff like this happen?

I read through the manual for clues and I think I may have it. The CL button - which I never use - sets the course so forward and back stick both simply propel it along the course it was flying when you set it. So perhaps I fat fingered that little screen icon.
Not clear how it persisted through a reboot though...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_