DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2S Photo Problem

HeadShake

Reactions
I have seen something in photos last night that I have never seen on a drone before. I have a drone service company. I do quite a bit of multispectral work. I always take RGB photos of the field as a part of my procedures. I usually will do this with My P4P or the X4S that is mounted on my M210 along with the micasense camera. Yesterday I decided to send the Air 2S out to take these photos. I usually take a photo from around 325' looking over the field and a couple from down at 25-30'. When I am doing video production work, I always use an X5S and never run into challenges like I see here. It was sunny and I planned on some video while in the air and so I had an ND 16 on the drone. Let me show you how the A2S photos turned out:

The first 3 all look like vignetting and only a small area of focus. Is this normal for this camera or can I improve something?

Feild-1.jpgFeild-2.jpgFeild-3.jpg

This Photo has a very strange colouring smack dab in the centre. Can anyone tell me what it may be and how to avoid?

Feild-4.jpg

Thanks for your input.

If you can, take those same shots again without any filter and see if the vignette occurs.

My money's on the ND filter causing the problem.

Are these jpg's straight from the camera or DNG-files? If the latter, do you get the same result with different RAW-converters?

Almost similar issues with some agricultural pictures I've been taking for someone's farm land.
Ditch the filter. Sorted my issue out immediately. Might not be the same for you but always best to try without the filter

No need for an ND filter for photos unless you're trying to show movement (such as a waterfall or something similar)

Are these jpg's straight from the camera or DNG-files? If the latter, do you get the same result with different RAW-converters?
Nice catch. Shot jpg & raw. D-Log. By defalt I import pictures into Lightroom. Those did get converted out to jpg and resized for this post. I looked at the JPEG‘s and the same issue exists. Somebody below this is mentioning pulling the filters off. I never have a filter on my X4S because it is just mapping. All of those rows can easily create problems in photographs.
And because it’s nice to have a thread with a solution, I will stop by the field and take a couple shots without filters. The video that I shot which inspired me putting the filter on it to begin with, turned out beautifully.
Thank you everyone, I appreciate your taking your time

Reactions: Dbez1 and F00Man

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure