DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Abandoned mansion : Dunmore park house

Coconut Island Drones

Reactions
I live about 4 miles away from this old mansion and on this particular day it was very foggy. Anyway about mid-day the fog lifted so I set off to the mansion. By the time I got there the fog had come back down but as I'd hiked through fields and muck to get there I decided to go ahead and film anyway hoping the fog would add to the eerieness which I think it did. That was also the day I found out the mini 2 doesn't like fog. A number of times it just stopped mid flight and tried to force land itself. Other than forward/backward & sideways I had no other control over it. Couldn't go up or land manually. All I could do was manouvre it into a position to land safely and keep cancelling the forced landing. In the end no drones were harmed in the making of this video.

Another good one!

Well done! The fog certainly adds to the eerie feeling. Do you know why it was abandoned and for how long?

Chris

Very nice video. 👍🏻👍🏻

New Listing:
Multiple skylights for a very open feeling.
Twenty seven (or thereabouts) fireplaces.
Sturdy stone wall construction about two feet thick.
Over 50 rooms, but still has an “open feeling”.
Formerly owned by a royal (duke).
May need some new windows and doors… and a new roof…. And maybe some floors unless you appreciate 30’ ceilings.
Buy it now!

Thanks for the video.

I live about 4 miles away from this old mansion and on this particular day it was very foggy. Anyway about mid-day the fog lifted so I set off to the mansion. By the time I got there the fog had come back down but as I'd hiked through fields and muck to get there I decided to go ahead and film anyway hoping the fog would add to the eerieness which I think it did. That was also the day I found out the mini 2 doesn't like fog. A number of times it just stopped mid flight and tried to force land itself. Other than forward/backward & sideways I had no other control over it. Couldn't go up or land manually. All I could do was manouvre it into a position to land safely and keep cancelling the forced landing. In the end no drones were harmed in the making of this video.

Great video.

A lot of history behind these videos. Would be very interesting to hear about the events that led to the demise of these beautiful old buildings.
Very well flown and videoed. The dramatic music added to the mood, very much enjoyed!

Cracking video! The foggy atmosphere makes this feel almost haunted! I definitely need to visit this place!.. on a foggy day😄

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown