DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accessories for a Mini 3 pro

Gruppe8

Reactions
On the brink of ordering a mini 3 pro but would need some help on accessories please, I will be ordering these on amazon and making sure they arrive before the drone does. I will be going for 2x fly more kits as this seems the cheapest way to buy extra batteries ?? i will be buying a lanyard for the rc , I was thinking of 2x 256gb cards one for the controller one for the drone and a 512 gb for when i take it abroad ?? or would i be better off getting 3x 512gb cards ?? I am going for the freewell bright day 6 pack will be flying in Britain europe and quite a bit in turkey, is this a good option and would the 64gb be strong enough ?? in turkey its bright but will be flying early mornings and evenings not in the day ? screen protector for the rc controller is this worthwhile ?? I will be buying the drone from Wex in the uk they offer a care refresh 2 years for £107 I am guessing they will give me a code to put in the controller or will have to register online ?? does this cover fly away ? any help would be great and if anyone can think of other or more options cost isn't an issue thanks in advance.

p.s if someone can tell me how long they get out of a 512gb card in movie mode at 4k 30fps that will help in deciding the number of cards thanks

On the brink of ordering a mini 3 pro but would need some help on accessories please, I will be ordering these on amazon and making sure they arrive before the drone does. I will be going for 2x fly more kits as this seems the cheapest way to buy extra batteries ?? i will be buying a lanyard for the rc , I was thinking of 2x 256gb cards one for the controller one for the drone and a 512 gb for when i take it abroad ?? or would i be better off getting 3x 512gb cards ?? I am going for the freewell bright day 6 pack will be flying in Britain europe and quite a bit in turkey, is this a good option and would the 64gb be strong enough ?? in turkey its bright but will be flying early mornings and evenings not in the day ? screen protector for the rc controller is this worthwhile ?? I will be buying the drone from Wex in the uk they offer a care refresh 2 years for £107 I am guessing they will give me a code to put in the controller or will have to register online ?? does this cover fly away ? any help would be great and if anyone can think of other or more options cost isn't an issue thanks in advance.

p.s if someone can tell me how long they get out of a 512gb card in movie mode at 4k 30fps that will help in deciding the number of cards thanks
With the long flight times of the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro, I'd question the need for so many batteries.

I bought the basic Mavic 3 last year and opted for just a single additional battery and high-output chargers for home and the car. I've seldom felt that I needed more batteries. Much of my flights are for photographs and videos under particular conditions, like low sun angles in morning and evening. An hour of shooting time is plenty.

More smaller cards makes more sense to me than fewer larger cards. I move all files from the drone to computer each evening and don't rely on the cards for long-term storage. I've never run out of space on a 128gb card in a day's shooting. Most days, a 64gb card is fine. For travel without a computer I'd much rather have four 128 gb cards than one 512.

The controllers and tablets go into cases immediately after a flight and there seems to be few opportunities to damage a screen while flying, so I've never used screen protectors.

Do you really need ND filters?

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Do you really need ND filters?
For motion blur (if that's important to you) and photographing waterfalls (ditto)…

Otherwise no.

I got a Pygtech screen cover with wells for the control sticks so I could leave them on in the FlyMore case (and not worry about scratching the controller screen if a battery shifts in the bag). Something like this for the RC Controller:

OP will also need a 30W USB-C charger brick (not included in FlyMore kit).

If cost is truly no object get a second drone 🤣

Lots of batteries might be handy when travelling, if you can't recharge easily. I regularly run through 3 standard batteries on a walk, and am planning on getting at least one more. (I love the plus batteries, but they put the drone into a different and more restricted weight class in Canada.)

A landing pad might be useful. I like my circular one, but I'm considering getting a folding one with a smaller footprint.

I agree with MS Coast on the smaller SD cards. Two 128GB cards are better than one 256GB, so you have a backup in case one fails. I have a landing pad for my M2P, but I don't use it anymore as I like to launch/land my drones in my hand. That, of course, is a personal preference.

Reactions: MS Coast
I agree with MS Coast on the smaller SD cards. Two 128GB cards are better than one 256GB, so you have a backup in case one fails. I have a landing pad for my M2P, but I don't use it anymore as I like to launch/land my drones in my hand. That, of course, is a personal preference.
To me, the major concern is to avoid flying with content on the card in the drone that you haven't saved elsewhere. Either copy files to another storage medium or carry additional cards.

Reactions: Robert Prior
To me, the major concern is to avoid flying with content on the card in the drone that you haven't saved elsewhere.
On that note, a gadget to unload an SD card after every flight might be worthwhile. Might be cheaper to just buy lots of cards.

When I was in Greenland I was unloading cards after every flight, so if I lost my drone I didn't lose more than one flight of pictures.

Reactions: MS Coast
On that note, a gadget to unload an SD card after every flight might be worthwhile. Might be cheaper to just buy lots of cards.

When I was in Greenland I was unloading cards after every flight, so if I lost my drone I didn't lose more than one flight of pictures.
Yep. After this discussion, I ordered three more cards.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne