DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding a Mini 3 to Mini 2 Using Same RC-N1

moldorf

Reactions
sorry if this has already been covered, and it probably has, but...

I have a Min 2 with an RC-N1 controller. I bought Care Refresh, but I did not buy Fly-Away coverage. That leaves me with some questions:

* if I wanted to add a Mini 3 to my 'fleet' and use the same RC-N1 to fly both drones, do I have to go thru the entire connection process each time I switch drones or does the fly app keep track and adjust?

* if I can bind the RC-N1 to the Mini 3 will that cause problems when I want to switch back and fly the Mini 2?

* if I do buy the Mini 3 and want to add fly-away coverage, can I still bind the Mini 3 to my months-old RC-N1?

* speaking of fly-away coverage, is the fee an up-front payment or is it simply due when making a claim? And, having had the Mini 2 for about 3 weeks can I still add fly-away coverage for it?

thanks for any responses (even rude ones!)

Last edited:
* speaking of fly-away coverage, is the fee an up-front payment or is it simply due when making a claim? And, having had the Mini 2 for about 3 weeks can I still add fly-away coverage for it?

thanks for any responses (even rude ones!)
The fee is upfront and depending on weather its crashed and you still have it to send back or its an actaul loss will depend on an assitional fee i believe.

In relation to the adding of the fly-away coverage, unsure but with the M3P you had 48 hours to purchase. Im sure someone will confirm it before long.

You will have to re-bind each time you switch drones. Takes a few extra minutes

I contacted DJI and asked my questions

the answer(s): yes, I could add flyaway coverage now by filling out the e-form and binding my controller to the drone. Then I'd add flyaway for my Care Refresh coverage

the catch is if I make a flyaway claim I have to document the loss with a flight record, AND, pay $379. That is only $70 less than a new one. For the same $379 I could get a refurbished Mini 2 + RC-N1 at Drone Nerds. And there is a fly-more bundle with Mini 2, controller, and 3 batteries at ebay for $424.

and since those are refurbished by DJI I can add Care Refresh

Are you sure the $379 was not for Mini 3 Pro replacement? That seems a bit high. Then again, they just replaced my Mavic 3 under warranty and it was listed at $1670. Thats a lot of Yen.
yeah...I misread

actually I didn't misread; rather I was lost on the page for Australia and seeing $379 Australian dollars

Flyaway for the Mini 2 in US dollars is $225

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu