DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adirondack Winter: color, length, etc.

MKurr

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Here my main question is about the color grading of "colorless" winter footage and about the overall length and music choice.

As far as the music goes, I think the orchestra music is a little too bombastic for the footage. Winter scenes makes me think of something soft and ethereal music-wise.

I've never tried to color grade a winter scene so I'm no help there. In this case I think the music was a bit much over all. There were places it fit, but not for the whole thing. I agree with Rhody Seth, softer music may be the better choice.

Music is too lush for the scenes. I think something spare and austere would be better suited.

In terms of colour, sometimes you have a blue cast, sometimes blue-green, and sometimes white. Did you have auto-white balance on? Sometimes it looks as if the color balance is changing during a shot, but that could be an illusion. (Or a mistaken impression on my part.)

I think you need to decide whether you want the snow to be white or blue-tinges, and then grade for that all the way through.

Music is too lush for the scenes. I think something spare and austere would be better suited.

In terms of colour, sometimes you have a blue cast, sometimes blue-green, and sometimes white. Did you have auto-white balance on? Sometimes it looks as if the color balance is changing during a shot, but that could be an illusion. (Or a mistaken impression on my part.)

I think you need to decide whether you want the snow to be white or blue-tinges, and then grade for that all the way through.
I think that yes, I have the Auto-White balance on.
So then probably I should have tinted all the white-snow scenes slightly blue to keep with the rest of the footage....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird